Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th July 2012, 05:10 PM

Barny, why top 7 saddlecloth? Why not top 6 or top 8? Personally I would never use a filter like this in a system, especially not one of the top 20% of filters.
Old 4th July 2012, 05:16 PM
Banned

Smile

Here,s another 55- 58 Kg comprise 36.5 % of Races but win 50.6 %.
A huge advantage.
Old 4th July 2012, 05:29 PM

Smile

Hi Darkydog2002,

Is this only for handicap races?

In many Set Weight Races and WFA races nearly all starters would have these weights. If these races were eliminated the advantage would probably be greater.
Old 4th July 2012, 05:34 PM
Banned

Smile

Open Hcps and restricted races.
Cheers
Old 4th July 2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattio
Barny, why top 7 saddlecloth? Why not top 6 or top 8? Personally I would never use a filter like this in a system, especially not one of the top 20% of filters.

mattio, it wasn't my thread nor my ideas. I'm just relaying the info.
Old 4th July 2012, 09:07 PM

Fair enough mate.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
There was a brilliant thread on here just soncentrating on the Pareto Principle. I suggest you go and search it andread it. 40 to 50 pages I seem to recollect.

Barny, I have not found it yet but similar posts in the Archives. A made a jest that when told that it had been done before I asked who the genius was in fun.

Having a quick look at some of his threads and replies makes me think what I said in jest has to be taken back because I think Privateer is a serious contributor and his knowledge and thinking have me thinking that here is somebody to follow and study.

Looking back at the old posts I notice that many of the questions I have asked on here have been discussed previously and some in great depth. Also some of the terms I have used have not come from stories here but just things that have popped into my head before hitting the keyboard.

Eg A term I have used often is " SHIFTING SANDS " yet STIX mentions it in a 2007 post saying that he was pleased to see the term because it was very popular prior to this but seemed to have been retired.

So maybe, some of my innane threads are not so, but merely rehashed from the past although unknowingly on my part.

It has been mentioned to me to go back and read all the forum posts from the beginning. Might take me a year, but if some of the gems I have found in some old threads are repeated it will be time well spent.

Unfortunately some people who were contributing to a lot of knowledge were getting abusive E Mails from fellow members hence they no longer post here. In the few posts I have read I cannot fathom why. Maybe the abusers were lobbyist for the Bookies Guild and did not want the Grail to be spread to far. lol

So, if I am a bit quite on here in the future, I wont have absconded just gone mining.

Star
Old 4th July 2012, 11:36 PM

Star,

Having read many of your posts
Have found quite a few somewhat intruiging.

I would be interested to know,
What exactly is it that you are looking for in here,
In a nutshell?

LG
Old 5th July 2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Star,

Having read many of your posts
Have found quite a few somewhat intruiging.

I would be interested to know,
What exactly is it that you are looking for in here,
In a nutshell?

LG

Interesting post LG.

In a nutshell? Now. I know you didnt mean it to be read this way and I understand why you ask. Maybe the nut in the nut shell is me!.

But really, most of what I have written is just my attempt at humour with enough seriousness thrown in to give the opinion I may know something. I am not a person who thinks in black or white. I can see shades of grey in most things and people.

But that does not mean I am wishy washy and have two bob each way on every subject. A lot of the things being discussed here lately are well outside my scope of reference, so if I ask a question or give a reply it is based on my experience over many years.

I have been around this industry for a long time, won a lot in bursts and had it bled from me over a longer period. Our life circumstances change and so does our personality and betting philosphy.

I think , like most people I do not like to get taken to far out of my comfort zone and put blind faith in too many people outside my mentors. I have read a lot and try to incorporate and adapt some things that certain books and authors try to portray.

While when I was reading them Punting was not even in the back of my mind, but it seems a shame that using some principles in life and business should only be restricted there. For example here are a few books in my reference library that may have to be reread just to refocus the mind.

1. Think and Grow Rich

2. The Richest Man in Babylon

3.The Paretto principle.

Now, their are many more but most can trace back their origins to these. Infact one of my favourites was a guy called Doug Edwards. I could really relate to him.

Strangely, I was telling one of my friends about Doug and he said that Doug actually was the mentor of Anthony Robbins in Anthony's early days.

Maybe I digress a bit but sometimes I find Napoleon Hill's advice is pretty sound and his thoughts on ' The Power of the Master Mind" really refer to what this and other non betting forums are about.

Unfortunately, on a betting forum, most contributors are not as sharing like all the other ones I am on.

In one forum I have made some really good friends and a lot of us meet up about three or so times a year. So, you can see I have varied interests.

So, getting back to the point, What am I looking for? I am sure it is not some complicated computer software driven program. Maybe it has taken all these posts of mine to come to the conclussion that what I am looking for is a simplified idea or ideas to mix in with my own so I can dabble and not invest a lot of time and money in a game that has destroyed many.

Napoleon Hill has also said. " What the Mind can Conceive and believe the mind can Achieve " By osmosis, the clarity of thought will come and a plan will be laid out for you providing you follow the priciples and really want and believe that what you fully believe should be yours will be achieved.

He also states " that their has to be a definite purpose " By that he states that if you want and need a certain amount of money you have to define and write down exactly how much and what you are goijng to do in return to receive that sum.

If you truly believe then, by osmosis the means and information will slowly appear which will allow you to achieve your goals. But, whether that works on gambling. I am not sure. Because in life you get nothing for nothing.

So, I guess the Paretto Principle fits in with my philosopy and what else I am looking for is to not go to far outside my present range of experience but to redefine and rejig what I know. " Stick to my knitting " I suppose is another term that fits in well here.

Because I do not want to go to far out of my comfort and reference zone I was really impressed with the thoughts of an earlier forum member PRIVATEER.

It was he who mentioned the Paretto principle I am told. I have not found his thread yet but others have alluded to it. I have seen some of Privateers posts and I feel that he was not to far away from my philosphy. However, time marches on, so what happens in the past may not necessarily apply to the future.

However, here is the rub. In my opinion the formulation of Systems, Ratings and neurals are based on information found in past results, so, like it or not. the question is:

' CAN THE PAST PREDICT THE FUTURE. '
Old 5th July 2012, 08:54 AM

Great post Star.

Very Interesting.

LG