Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 7th October 2012, 08:42 PM

Can you put a % return and time frame on this TO?

LG
Old 7th October 2012, 09:59 PM

I'm just being mischievous but why put a ceiling on it? Let's say 100% per month. Anything would be better than what I'm getting now - which is not much.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 7th October 2012, 10:04 PM

OK.. let it be so, ocho.

You have named it before, and once more now. 100% per month risking 50-100% of the original investment, assuming we are comfortable to do this.

So be it - let this focus be real, and see where it takes us. Who knows what can be achieved when a trader mixes it up a little?

LG

Last edited by Lord Greystoke : 7th October 2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 8th October 2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
The party's over before it even began. I now remember why I loathe trading the horses SO much when occasions like today happen.

Up and down a bit today until the last 2 races of MY day when one BIG LOSS wiped out my gains from today and most of yesterday. FFFFFFFair dinkum!!!!!

The big loss occurred when I was on the wrong side of a trade (probably not heeding my own chart advise) which lost $41.13 in the one bet. This, and the next $5 loss turned a $18.64 profit into a $27.50 loss.

Why can't a bot just be set to win consistent money over time???????

Session 2: -$27.50 (27 races with 19 winning races)
Running Total $207.38
Start Bank $190.06 - 06/10/12 (11.7% fall in bank today)

The ocho, not being a smarty, but if losing (your example) $41 is big then why did you leave the trade that way? Take the view that not every trade will win and cop the losses when you have to. What I'm getting at is you should have lowered the risk to what you feel comfortable with. Or was it a case of lose $41 either way?
Old 8th October 2012, 06:15 PM

Thanks Mark. It was a case of lose $41 either way. After all this time I still haven't learnt to get out of a trade as soon as possible after it goes bad. I kept thinking the trade would come good, come good, but it got worse and worse and I guess I just froze.

I possibly could have got out for a loss in the $20's but I was SO pi55ed off at myself that I didn't hedge. The horse steamed in something chronic.

The next race I lost $5 and that was it for me for the day. I completely lost confidence. I realize I can get back any reasonably low losses in one race or at least a few races and have done that heaps of times but after that big hit I just couldn't look at it again for the rest of the day. It also hasn't got any better today in my mind. This just sometimes gives me the schizenhausens.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 8th October 2012, 08:56 PM

Fair enough, the best thing is to move on and accept that you will either make mistakes, or not get out when you should or simply do the wrong thing, but you'll also be a genius on occasions.
Old 9th October 2012, 03:38 AM

Trading is not the easy caper some say it is, it can be hard work at times.

This is what the great trading master , The Badger does.

He tries to win 3% a day on his first one or two races he targets for the day, then stops for the day.

If a loss, he tries to get back half or nearly all losses, then stops for the day.
He does not keep going to get his 3% profit, when trying to recover losses.

This is done, so he can keep focus on the big game plan, that is , show a weekly profit in a game, very few have shown the ability to make consistent profits, especially trading, where losses can soon mount up.

He stops for the day if his losses are -9% of bank.

There will always be the odd days, where the whole day does not make sense.

I believe you already know where the wheels fell off that day, errors do occur in trading, one has to cop it sweet & keep moving forward on a fresh day and stay focused.

That's why The Badger likes to bet as few a races as possible, to achieve his 3%, so as to minimise the chance of errors creeping in. which can blow all profits, if one is not totally focused.

3% a day = 21% a week
He uses a $10,000 bank x 2
That's a possible $2,100 a week.

Always expect the worst and bet accordingly.
Old 9th October 2012, 06:39 AM

Thanks very much Mark & Bhagwan.

3% per day would be okay if I had a large bankroll and I was doing it every day. I've only got a $200 bankroll and only trade on the weekends (when I don't have other commitments) so I'd be going for $6 per day (for the 3%) for 2 days a week. To me, that doesn't seem like much.

Maybe when first starting out I should maybe stop at 10% or even 6%. I'll have to have a think about that and see if I want to keep going.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 9th October 2012, 08:58 AM

Ocho, you'd be surprised how achieving a 6% gain on your account each week would compound into a substantial bankroll. Lets say in a perfect world you start with $200 bankroll and achieve 3% a day trading 2 days a week. 12 weeks later you've doubled your bankroll to $400, lets say the good fortune continues to run, another 12 weeks later you've doubled your bankroll to $800, so on and so forth.

If you can have that kind of success or close to it for a full year then your bankroll becomes approximately $4,300. I'd say thats a pretty significant gain. Thats where the power of compounding comes into effect with a lot of these backing/laying systems with good money management. I like it because unlike the sharemarket, you can start with just $100 in this game and build it up from there.
Old 9th October 2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
Ocho, you'd be surprised how achieving a 6% gain on your account each week would compound into a substantial bankroll. Lets say in a perfect world you start with $200 bankroll and achieve 3% a day trading 2 days a week. 12 weeks later you've doubled your bankroll to $400, lets say the good fortune continues to run, another 12 weeks later you've doubled your bankroll to $800, so on and so forth.

If you can have that kind of success or close to it for a full year then your bankroll becomes approximately $4,300. I'd say thats a pretty significant gain. Thats where the power of compounding comes into effect with a lot of these backing/laying systems with good money management. I like it because unlike the sharemarket, you can start with just $100 in this game and build it up from there.
Too true.
A poster on a UK forum asked recently why we expect so much more from our betting than we do from other forms of investment. If a bank were to offer 6% per week do you think they would be overrun with investors. You betcha.