Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th November 2012, 08:08 PM
Banned

Smile

Well explained The Schmille.
Thanks.
Old 5th November 2012, 08:42 PM

Barny
I don't know the history but you don't have to reply to your critics. Let your ideas speak for themselves and simply choose to ignore any criticism. You may be surprised how well that works.
Old 9th November 2012, 11:05 PM

Default When your suspenders come off- hope you wear a belt.

Barney- weight does make a difference-Melb Cup top weights for instance- but with racing it always about price and the horses rising in weight should be in their class-But do they get out to prices just that little bit longer than they should because they have the extra weight – The other thing is I read some where 1 in a thousand race horses will win a metro race this does not mean don’t bet metro but sometimes I wonder – there are about 10 horses in every race so 90% of horses get beaten in every race- so how many get beaten going up in class doesn’t matter if you don’t know the other corresponding stats -but if these horses are under the odds on a consistent basis you may as well elimate them.

So any way how did the horses go down in weight with the same rules if you can when you get your suspenders back.
Old 10th November 2012, 02:52 PM

Default Just an idea

Hi Barney I also wonder does good dead – slow heavy make any difference as I have always thought wet tracks make a big difference with lighter weighted horses and with the 1 to 6 tab nos should work better on good to dead mainly due to higher weights don’t know and I am just guessing –Then also these horses have extra weight 1 kg plus so it would make an interesting test ??
Old 20th November 2012, 10:31 AM

To those who've implied I'm a spiv, conman, to those who've suggested I have an ulterior motive for posting some systems (ie; I'm in it to sell them), and those who "wait to pounce" ..... well you've won. It's impossible to post any systems on here given the negativity and the need by some to put others down. I find it strange because it appears that these posters who argue against data, don't in fact have any database of their own in which they could prove their assertions. Also the "wating to pounce" where the continued queries and put downs include "how many selections?", and this poster was quite happy with the Melbourne Cup system, which, if I'm not mistaken, only comes around once per year ??, not too many races there ?! I don't mind an argument about concepts, it opens the mind, but to gang up (which you've done) one a poster who is putting up systems is naturally going to eventually have that poster stop.

It's a pity because I had come to realise that "If you wrote the best system in the world in chalk outside Randwick, no-one would take any notice of it", has a lot of truth in it, and I was starting to get to the stage where I would be happy posting my systems with a POT of well over 50%, and also some of my "dividend friendly" filters.
Old 20th November 2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
I was starting to get to the stage where I would be happy posting my systems with a POT of well over 50%, and also some of my "dividend friendly" filters.

you little tease :P
Old 21st November 2012, 07:15 AM
Vortech

I'm back from my wonderful trip to Flemington which is one week to experience. Barny, I do agree that at times it may feel your being ambushed by members opinions that at the end of the day it doesn't mean yah or nah....

How many explorers back in the day believed the world to be flat and don't sail off the edge only to be wrong. I'm a strong believer in not to follow the crowd and do your own testing on everything and develop your own theories.

Your ideas and comments bring debate to the table and personally allows me to gather some fresh thoughts into my own practises.
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:28 AM

i'd love to see some of the systems that show a pot of >50%. have any of these been posted on here before? i've seen systems on here with big profits but i cant check them. please post some barny. we all get frustrated at times, it's no biggie.
Old 24th November 2012, 11:18 AM

Thumbs up

It's so easy to put someone you don't like on Ignore. When logged in I just click User CP at top left. Then the Buddy/Ignore Lists link. Then I add the member's name in the Ignore List and click the Update Ignore List button.

I never see any post from that person. Makes life here much more enjoyable for me.
Old 26th November 2012, 08:31 PM

shifty, there are two things I've learned as an atom in the cosmos of thoroughbred racing, 1) Almost all punters win, they'll tell you that and, 2) There's an element called luck, that so far, no matter what research has been undertaken, is somewhere in the "black hole" and is the undoing of all great men.

ps; luv the nic