Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th July 2013, 09:20 PM

Geez LG, that's really funny !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13th July 2013, 10:19 PM

Yeah.. I thought so too. Got me watching it here several times too which is a bit of a worry.

I'm the gun on the power fork at the start. Speedy slips in at 0:13 and Bhagwan buffs up at 0:15. What a team of warehouse warriors!

Pa PUM THERE is nothing like...

LG

Last edited by Lord Greystoke : 13th July 2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 14th July 2013, 07:47 PM

I see Mark Taylor has the phone number of John Travolta's barber ..... wot a ************ !!!
Old 14th July 2013, 08:05 PM

Tub makes the last 2 'captains' look like muppets. Makes you realise how lucky we were to have a string of greats lead the side from Benaud to Chapells, Simpson, AB, Waugh, Tub... men of war who held their heads when it mattered, clicking over ton after ton against the old enemy.

These days we get softies who give up their wicket with the flicker of their eyebrows, spoilt brats who think of themselves before the team with dumb choices with new technology, and pretty boys who think that missing a shave through the 5 day stretch makes them tough and worthy of the title 'captain'.

Weak as p i s s in my book.

There will come another great one, however. A war horse with an iron will and in-built optimism which cannot be crushed - a genuine competitor who stands up when it counts, leading his team through the 'valley of the shadow of death' on day 5. Men of substance who can lead their teams from defeat to victory, often off their very own bat.

Someone with the initials AA, perhaps?

LG

Last edited by Lord Greystoke : 14th July 2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 14th July 2013, 08:44 PM

LG, tubs has joined the metrosexuals, who pamper themselves in front of the mirror !!! He's a w-a-l-l-y !!!
Old 14th July 2013, 09:02 PM

It's all those air con ads.. every time he does one they give him another card with cash on it. Must've got himself a blow wave with the last lot.

If Tub is a metro boy, Clark heads up the city chapter of the hells angels !

LG
Old 14th July 2013, 09:04 PM

The Chappell's ??? One is responsible for the greatest act of un-sportsman like conduct ever perpetrated by anyone in this country and the other was last seen running for his life from Ian Botham down the driveway at a very exclusive golf club in Victoria. Strike them off any list of sportspeople to be admired.
Old 14th July 2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
The Chappell's ??? One is responsible for the greatest act of un-sportsman like conduct ever perpetrated by anyone in this country and the other was last seen running for his life from Ian Botham down the driveway at a very exclusive golf club in Victoria. Strike them off any list of sportspeople to be admired.
Ian and Greg set the scene for many greats to come. Men of steel on the field, where it counts. One could easily debate the underarm incident for an eternity and an off pitch bust up with beefy is hardly worth mentioning in the same context as the ashes or other great battles of the past e.g. windies

LG
Old 14th July 2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
One could easily debate the underarm incident for an eternity

There's been thousands upon thousands of games of cricket over the years and hundreds of captains and no-one has come close to such a low act. I agree the Beefy incidents are harmless but it was Chappell who ran .....
Old 14th July 2013, 09:46 PM

I'm sure there has been others... It's not likely that you or I will ever know about all instances over 100 years+ eh?

Any cricket heroes of your own, Barny?

LG