Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th May 2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
It's interesting if you read overseas based posts and articles, they've matured a little quicker than us, in that being banned by a soft bookmaker (encompasses all bookmakers except Pinnacle) is a NO BRAINER. Just part of life now, everyone accepts it. They're now down to ways to prolong your membership of a bookie and extend your life there from a day to a few weeks while you scalp them.

Some of the methods involve:
1/ Disguising your IP address
2/ Creating a very common browser fingerprint on a virgin computer to avoid detection
3/ Creating virtual machines
4/ Using other people and their computers to act as a team

It really is quite sophisticated, and when I became aware of it, it leaves you no choice but to use Pinnacle and Betfair for longevity, that's it! No point grumbling anymore, it's over. Either encompass all the latest techniques to avoid detection, which will only give you a limited breathing space, or find other niches.

Yes it has a very limited lifespan because they pick up on the betting patterns. What's worse is, if you make a boo boo and accidentally forget the protocol they are under no obligation to pay you. If it's large sums involved, it could even go further.
*RaceCensus now updated to 29/02/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 20th May 2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyf
Seeing as this is becoming more of a problem,
Has anybody tried this link below as it is on our forum???.

http://www.propun.com.au/racing_for...ead.php?t=28353.

Cheers.

Yes have spoken to them and they can't help with what I do.
Old 20th May 2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
It's interesting if you read overseas based posts and articles, they've matured a little quicker than us, in that being banned by a soft bookmaker (encompasses all bookmakers except Pinnacle) is a NO BRAINER. Just part of life now, everyone accepts it. They're now down to ways to prolong your membership of a bookie and extend your life there from a day to a few weeks while you scalp them.

Some of the methods involve:
1/ Disguising your IP address
2/ Creating a very common browser fingerprint on a virgin computer to avoid detection
3/ Creating virtual machines
4/ Using other people and their computers to act as a team

It really is quite sophisticated, and when I became aware of it, it leaves you no choice but to use Pinnacle and Betfair for longevity, that's it! No point grumbling anymore, it's over. Either encompass all the latest techniques to avoid detection, which will only give you a limited breathing space, or find other niches.
I could do all of that easily, but in the end you want your money out. How do you go about that?
Your winnings have to go to your account, or do you mean to set up new accounts? Hardly possible under Australian regulations with identity proof required.

Not quite clear to me.
Old 20th May 2014, 03:31 PM

Why does the Government allow this, but then say "if you have a problem gambling call this number"? If you have no chance from the beginning, what's the point?

Legislation needs to be put in place whereby a Bookmaker must take on every customer to a certain liability each race/sporting event, regardless of whether they're positive or negative overall. The TAB used to take customers on but have recently decided they want even more profit so they ban/limit anyone that wins. Corporate greed at it's finest. There are an extremely small number left that still do this (and are probably getting increasing business as a result).

If their business model can't incorporate this then they have no place in the business of bookmaking.
Old 20th May 2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat123
Legislation needs to be put in place whereby a Bookmaker must take on every customer to a certain liability each race/sporting event, regardless of whether they're positive or negative overall.

Most do give you a liability. Its about $5 that you can win which can mean bets of about 30c or less.

Interesting I have been to a lot of trade shows on data science and prediction and every single one of the bookies is there and are eager to find better techniques for identifying betting patterns.
Old 20th May 2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
Most do give you a liability. Its about $5 that you can win which can mean bets of about 30c or less.

Interesting I have been to a lot of trade shows on data science and prediction and every single one of the bookies is there and are eager to find better techniques for identifying betting patterns.

Not in my case for fixed odds. All the big bookmakers including the TAB will take me on to win $0.00 lol.
Old 20th May 2014, 04:49 PM

I'm confused if I walk into the TAB and place a bet I'm an anonymous punter arn't I? there's plenty of TAB outlets to make a spread, or can't you have a fixed odds bet in the TAB? wouldn't know, many years since I've used em'

As far as betting patterns are concerned, I've always used many different accounts, never placing many consecutive bets using the same account, but it appears that they are still a few steps ahead!

Last edited by partypooper : 20th May 2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 20th May 2014, 05:56 PM

You're anonymous until you have been in there a few times - then if you fall under their "not commercially viable" title, you'll be limited in a physical TAB center. They manage customers in there now too, it's crazy - it mainly started around Feb this year (there was a leaked TAB fixed odds document that explains it all).
Old 21st May 2014, 10:07 AM

I went to my local footy club on sunday for what they call Ton Club, not sure if any of you are aware of what that is but basically you pay $100, drink free alcohol for 4 hours and have a chance at winning prizes. Anyhow while were standing there having a drink with 200 other people we start having a few fun bets. My mate sneaks over to put $50 fixed on Bossy Lad, Port Macquarie Race 5. Funnily enough i've put $10 on the same horse on the tote and neither of us knew, it runs second and i share my bet with everyone. My mate says to me oh really you were on that too, I tried to get on but this ticket came out and I missed it, never seen this before.

On the ticket it reads something like "Bet cannot be accepted, over betting limit" or something of the sorts, essentially because he's placed a $50 fixed bet on.

Now how on earth can Tatts not handle a $50 fixed price bet on a $7 horse from a random punter among 200 blokes at a footy club? They likely would've made a killing from the machine in our club that day anyhow with a bunch of drunks betting on just about anything.

Pretty sad state of affairs when you can't get a $50 fixed bet on something paying $7's when they can't even identify who you are just that your betting at that footy club. I don't think the machine operator even know what was going on with the ticket and what's even more funny is that the horse lost anyway.
Old 21st May 2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor

UB, I agree with PAT123, I've said before they should have to accept bets up to say $1000 liability on any single event from ANY individual, I mean if they don't like it they can lay it off can't they?

When you think about it that's what being a bookmaker is all about isn't it; i.e. balancing a book, there's a winner in every race, if they have the numbers right they make (approx) 20% regardless, so there should be legislation in place definitely.