Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 7th May 2018, 11:04 AM
walkermac walkermac is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorns
**also, anyone have a link to the original thats not behind the paywall?
Go to outline.com, paste the URL into the box, then click "Remove Clutter".

Otherwise you can paste the URL (excluding the 'http://') after 'http://outline.com/' in your browser's address bar (i.e. http://outline.com/www.bloomberg.co...******-racing-code)

There's also a Google Chrome extension for it. You can click on a button once you go to a webpage and it 'declutters' it, which sometimes includes skipping over paywalls. (It can also sometimes not show anything, which may indicate that the entire webpage is clutter!)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 15th May 2018, 04:40 PM
Chrome Prince Chrome Prince is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 5,804
Default

Again Benter and Woods incorporated the market prices into their algorithms, very interesting. Also interesting that other successful punters knew them as well.
The problem is that the profit has dwindled because they had a huge edge with their DOS crunching programs. These days people have access to speed maps and databases.
I actually heard from Woods before he passed away, just the one time.
__________________
RaceCensus - powerful system testing software.
Now with over 298,000 Metropolitan, Provincial and Country races!
http://www.propun.com.au/horse_raci...ng_systems.html
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/05/2018
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 15th May 2018, 06:26 PM
UselessBettor UselessBettor is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
The problem is that the profit has dwindled because they had a huge edge with their DOS crunching programs. These days people have access to speed maps and databases.


I totally agree. That angle is no longer an edge and they would have always remained one step ahead of those trying to catch up. The angles are there you just need to look a lot harder.

Saying that there is an edge on betfair that takes only 2 variable as input. Using only 2 variables I can show an edge in every month for the last 5 years and it seems to be fairly stable. There will always be edges out there until the general public learns to think.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 16th May 2018, 05:12 PM
woof43 woof43 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
I actually heard from Woods before he passed away, just the one time.

How about his son?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 16th May 2018, 05:21 PM
blackdog1 blackdog1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
I totally agree. That angle is no longer an edge and they would have always remained one step ahead of those trying to catch up. The angles are there you just need to look a lot harder.

Saying that there is an edge on betfair that takes only 2 variable as input. Using only 2 variables I can show an edge in every month for the last 5 years and it seems to be fairly stable. There will always be edges out there until the general public learns to think.
We are on a safe turf then. (all we propun members)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 20th May 2018, 05:18 PM
Chrome Prince Chrome Prince is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Posts: 5,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof43
How about his son?

No never heard from his son only Alan Woods and only once, I think it was just prior to his death.
__________________
RaceCensus - powerful system testing software.
Now with over 298,000 Metropolitan, Provincial and Country races!
http://www.propun.com.au/horse_raci...ng_systems.html
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/05/2018
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT +10. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved . ACN 091184655