Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th April 2004, 09:24 AM

Quote:
The price you used of $4.5-9.00 ,was that the Price Predictors or newspaper pre-post,

In the data run I used published SP's for BOTH limits. Sorry 'bout that.

I don't use PP (or anybody elses) software, it's not good enough. I write my own.

I get very tired of people like "crash" who defend "their" way to the death using abuse while keeping their eyes and mind closed to anything and everything that might help them.

Grow up, sonny.

Use successful punters like me to help you refine what you're doing.

I take ideas from the forum and test them. Most (like the magazine systems) fail, those that have a grain of sense I may eventually use, but most go into the bin.

For example..... why use price filters at all ???

Don't you trust yr system/selection method and need reassurance that you're on the right track ??

Prices normally contain an expression of all the elements that are generally used. If your method works then price shouldn't enter into its determinations, otherwise you're using someone elses methods in conjunction with your own and hence will get skewed results.

Oh BTW, crash darling, my silly stats calculations gave ME Rathlin yesterday at $17.20. 5 winners at Caulfield, 4 winners at Randwick, and 6 at Eagle Farm.

F.
Old 11th April 2004, 09:52 AM
Suspended.

[ This Message was edited by: crash on 2004-04-13 06:09 ]
Old 11th April 2004, 10:52 AM

Quote:

The answer to your percieved 'problem' is easily solved.

[ie. getting lost might help you and perhaps

Quite right, my man. Please take it that all future posts are not intended for your eyes and you should ignore them.

Oh, BTW it's "perceived" (I before E except after C).

Love,

F. :smile:
Old 11th April 2004, 11:38 AM
puntz

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2004-04-11 16:27 ]
Old 11th April 2004, 11:53 AM

Notwithstanding the underlying importance of background figures and statistics...I wish that I followed Crash's initial posting cos I could have sure done with some winners yesterday LOL!

Felicity, Crash, I'm your average Joe punter that enjoys the banter and the chat and of course the odd tip (esp winning punt)that one can derive from the PP forum. I'm afraid that I lack the knowledge and background when it comes to number crunching and statistics so I ride (use?) the knowledge of Forum's esteemed contributors like yourselves, William, XPT, Mr J, Sportsnut et al...

I reckon there are hundreds like me who enjoy the humour, information and interesting stories that originate from your posts...I guess that is why it was disappointing for me to note the negative and personal content of some of the reponses in this topic...

Crash, you are right when you say every system has its highs and lows and I hope to (for once in my life) ride on your wave to the top...and even some of the way down (hehe!)...honestly, any bit of helpful info for us 'blow ins' is great.

Felicity, I was impressed by the detail and figures that you provided at short notice-it is always useful to test systems from a statistical and historical perspective...if Rathlin was a selection from your system then I would love it if you posted some picks that I could use (but obviously its up to you) to keep the missus off my back or perhaps my wife is right when she says I need to get a life...again I reiterate losing bets aside I thoroughly enjoy reading, assessing and contributing to this forum and I trust that it does not deteriorate into a forum for personal attacks and vitriole...the best of luck and again, much appreciation for your valuable contributions...keep those winners coming!
Old 11th April 2004, 12:05 PM

I'm with you in all you say, Desi. Anybody can ignore a post, method, or whatever that they don't agree with. No need to get on the proverbial high horse. I for one am like yourself --- enjoy the banter, and especially the odd insight that can be gleaned from these pages. Thanks to all contributors for the latter.
Old 11th April 2004, 12:10 PM
puntz

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2004-04-11 18:33 ]
Old 11th April 2004, 12:18 PM

Quote:
On 2004-04-11 09:24, Felicity wrote:
I don't use PP (or anybody elses) software, it's not good enough. I write my own.

So do I - does that make me better than everyone else? No.

Quote:
I get very tired of people like "crash" who defend "their" way to the death using abuse while keeping their eyes and mind closed to anything and everything that might help them.

Grow up, sonny.

What a response!
Although I disagree with it often, Crash has every right to defend to the death his way of thinking, as do you. I have more respect for someone who defends what they believe in, than someone who is along for the ride.

Quote:
Use successful punters like me to help you refine what you're doing.

Guess we'll have to take your word for it :roll:

Quote:
For example..... why use price filters at all ???

Don't you trust yr system/selection method and need reassurance that you're on the right track ??

Prices normally contain an expression of all the elements that are generally used. If your method works then price shouldn't enter into its determinations, otherwise you're using someone elses methods in conjunction with your own and hence will get skewed results.

Ridiculous statement - absolutely absurd.
Sorry, but price is one of my main filters and any punter should be acutely aware of value.

Quote:
Oh BTW, crash darling, my silly stats calculations gave ME Rathlin yesterday at $17.20. 5 winners at Caulfield, 4 winners at Randwick, and 6 at Eagle Farm.

Guess we take your word for it again!
One new bird does not a Spring make - forgive the pun. :lol:

[ This Message was edited by: Chrome Prince on 2004-04-11 12:19 ]
Old 11th April 2004, 01:00 PM
Member.

Yeah, I'm with Desi. I don't like all this negative stuff going on here either.
Old 11th April 2004, 01:12 PM

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!! :lol: