Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th August 2004, 09:31 AM

Mark, I know for a fact that only 3% of jockeys make at least the equivalent of average wages ($40,000). There are hundreds of jockeys and apprentices running around the provincials tring to make a living. Say they win a couple of races during the week. Their percentage take of the prize money would barely cover their costs let alone contribute to $40,000 p/a. It would have to cost some of these hoops more than $300 per week in motor vehicle expenses alone. Then they have all the other costs.

Have a look at how many races there are in NSW each week.
Old 6th August 2004, 01:46 AM

where do i start -

1. never beleived in statistics, that was after having met a statistician (mr geoff "please get a gun & shoot me" wilson)

2. sorry, but I personally know at least ½ dozen (not) simple folk making a living out of the horse racing industry, none of them gamble but all love a bet! The racing industry is one of the largest employers in the country so I don’t know where you get the 3% from.

3. as to the above, didn’t take a stab cause didn’t have a clue.

4. as to nuerals or whatever their called, I looked at them for 5 mins one day, got more important things to do!

I like your enthusiasm bn, but what how are you doing on the punt & what are you looking for long term?

[ This Message was edited by: davez on 2004-08-06 02:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: davez on 2004-08-06 03:02 ]
Old 6th August 2004, 09:12 AM

"The bookies must love form ........."

I think your contrarian approach could be right. I have long wondered why certain UK bookies' websites link to other websites that provide detailed form on horses, so as to provide their customers with a one-stop shop.

I would have thought they would want to provide the punter with as little informed opinion as possible before he gets his money down.

Maybe form is indeed something of a red herring.

Old 6th August 2004, 12:10 PM

davez, Maybe have one bet a week / fortnight. Mixed results (that's what you say when you are sure things will improve!!!!!!!!!!). Why "mixed results"? The punt giveth (my improvers) and the punt taketh (my systems). Gotta flick the systems!

Long term, absolutely convinced that selecting a "potentially huge improver" will reward me with ove rhte odds (if technically there is such a thing in a market ... you would lose a debate on that one). Missed a 15/1 winner during the week. Fitted all my selection criteria.

Good punting old chum!
Old 7th August 2004, 07:08 AM

Hi Mark,
I`m 100% sure your right there,then again I could be 50% wrong.