Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th May 2005, 09:03 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchar
SO was I

I don't doubt it for a second..... Odds are the most important thing... Without them, who cares about some old nags running around the paddock....
Old 13th May 2005, 09:05 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
class
form
fitness

Ok that's a good start.How do you evaluate them?

With odds they either match expectations or they don't.
Old 13th May 2005, 09:09 PM

Red face

What about TAB number? (Sorry only being smart)

What about Jockey?

Old 13th May 2005, 09:16 PM

Tab no's don't care.

Jockey, I have to be honest that's the only form I look at (if you can call it that ).
If I see a senior dwarf on a horse that has been ridden by the lower class dwarf in a mid week meeting the nose twitches a little bit and I look harder.
Old 13th May 2005, 09:25 PM

Thumbs up

Agree Kenchar, especialy if the senior jock has had some success with the horse previously
Old 13th May 2005, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchar
Tab no's don't care.

Jockey, I have to be honest that's the only form I look at (if you can call it that ).
If I see a senior dwarf on a horse that has been ridden by the lower class dwarf in a mid week meeting the nose twitches a little bit and I look harder.

Why do you have to belittle others Kenchar? Using the the term of 'dwarfs' to descriibe jockeys just shows what an unintelligent and perverse person you are. If you can't respect those that a are major player in horse racing what the hell are you on about?

Last edited by La Mer : 13th May 2005 at 09:46 PM.
Old 13th May 2005, 10:10 PM

Sorry La Mer,

Didn't mean to offend, but I just wonder why you haven't picked up this before as it has been said many times on this and other forums by many different posters.
I also promise not to refer to horses as nags in future as the mules might get upset.
Apart from all that isn't this forum great, the only thing that spoils it are people always knocking other people, and people not wanting to have a bit of fun and a laugh.
Life is to short to be serious all the time.
Have a punt.
Hopefully win.
BUT the most important thing is have a sense of humour, without that all is lost.
You might think I am sometimes crude and post some crazy things but that is my way and I have a great life and am very happy.
Again I apologize for calling Jockeys dwarfs as they are not, they are about 6 inches taller, so I am totally wrong.

Have a great night.

PS I forgot to mention I do know a couple of Jocks and have called them a dwarf to their face and they haven't been offended.
The other thing is how do you know I am not 4ft 6inches tall and just slinging off like the irish do to themselves.

Last edited by kenchar : 13th May 2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 13th May 2005, 10:45 PM

Kenchar,

I am glad to hear you're happy and enjoying life, i am certainly enjoying these little skirmishes that you keep finding yourself involved in this evening. After all if you can't have fun in these forums than we may as well give it all away. As for being "perverse" as suggested by La Mer well you should know better, the correct term is midget and not dwarf - come on now you should know that much!

Old 13th May 2005, 10:50 PM

Kenchar,
I'm offended that you call nags mules. Hang on, it's calling the mules nags I don't like. (I think).

Seriously, about jockeys. There are good ones who might not have a high profile, or be regarded as "senior".

A good measure is to look at the jockey's average beaten margin over recent times - maybe the last 6 months, counting horses that ran say within 10 lengths (can't blame the jockey if the mule was a donkey). You can identify the jockeys that have skill and judgement without relying on their profile.
Old 13th May 2005, 11:20 PM

Cool

So at the end of the day what are we left with re: three main factors in horse racing?

1. Nags
2. Dwarfs or midgets
3. {To be decided****

Happy punting to those involved tommorrow