Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th May 2005, 12:10 AM

Not me, saturday is the day off, pools too big and too much mug money to follow what's going on.
Old 14th May 2005, 12:50 AM

How about Toowoomba, Kembla Grange and Kyneton
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 14th May 2005, 07:31 AM

CP, I have tried Toowoomba and Belmont with not much success, same as Warrnambool, I have never had much luck there so always give it a miss.
Sat has shown to be my worst day, so have a break and usually go out with missus and kids. Today they are going out with friends so will just follow something, which is still a break as no pressure on me.
Old 14th May 2005, 01:02 PM

Exclamation jocks

the previous comment about senior jockeys riding out bush carries plenty of weight, i often spy one g. childs make a trip out to the country for 1 or 2 rides when theres a decent meeting on, & he usualy does the right thing often at good odds, from memory the last was in a cups race @ $6's, how it started at this price has still got me scratching me noggin.

as for 3 main factors, there far many more than that but i offer -

1. understand your class systems & how the nags, woops, horses move up & down thru them.

2. dont spend too much time worrying about weight.

3. look at your results & see which tracks, trainers & pygmies are working for you - you can often find an angle but establishing your own stable of "smart" trainers & jocks.

anyway these are but a few of the things i look at which regularily throw up good priced winners
Old 14th May 2005, 01:29 PM

Question

hey Davez i like the stable idea, can you give us some more of your wisdom?
Old 14th May 2005, 03:39 PM

Not betting today just following ( very happy I'm not the way nswtab site has been dropping out again ) but something showed up in my normal method in syd6 and I would like to explain so maybe some of can get the idea what to look for. No9 Rockin Roller opened IAS at$61 backed into $31 On sportodds was $51 win $8.5 place fixed odds on qldtab was $37 win $7 place, nswtab$16win and $3 place, NOW THAT GETS THE NOSE TWITCHING, the only horse backed on IAS and why so short in the home state, couldn't help myself and had a small bet
It can be done and done well, but is very tedious as sometimes long time no bet.

Cheers
Old 14th May 2005, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
How about Toowoomba, Kembla Grange and Kyneton

Gday Chrome

I hope you aint havin a go at these illustrious meetings... They seem to be where I make my money on a Saturday... Kembla and Newcastle... look for Waterhouse O'shea and company to sneak the odd horse to these meetings then get in the que...I have just backed an $8 winner at Toowoomba, and ************ me, they paid me with the same currency they paid me for the $4.80 Group winner at Morphetville..or the $7.30 they gave for Amex or the $9.70 for Sanfranfrisco... I always say A winner is a winner no matter where ya find it..

I think it is great that we now have a Country NSW TAB meeting of a Saturday... went ok there too today.. Metro winners are way too hard to find on a Sat for my liking... altho I went ok at the coast today.. hang on metro meeting... prov track... gotta be something in that...

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 14th May 2005, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi

Gday kiwi...

I like the idea of following some trainers... I like ones that do not have huge numbers of runners, I think you would go broke backing ALL Waterhouse or Hawkes runners in the long term or for that matter any of the big stables..... no doubt someone will throw some light on that... There are a couple of trainers worth looking at the the moment.. In Victoria DK Weir is going great guns as is M Kent.. You could do way worse than to have a look at these blokes runners... Freedman sneaks plenty of maidens out to the provs for an easy kill on a regular basis and is pretty successful..... In NSW Mark Mason and Craig Martin are very impressive and are definetly worth a look.. There is a bit of a drawback with these guys they quite often compete against each other, which can make it interesting..

Earlier in the thread a contributor mentioned not worrying too much about weight... I am not so sure about that... To my mind any thing over 57.5 or 58 kg is starting to get a bit risky.. but each to their own...

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 15th May 2005, 01:28 PM

Smile kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi

not to sure if i can impart too much wisdom here kiwi as i find it to be a very rare commodity when it comes to racing, but all i TRY to do is look for a trainer placing his horses in the right company, something that i think only a handful in each state manage to do consistently well, probably due in some part to the owner(s) thinking the nag is better than it is - "of course he's up to sat class", unfortunately for them not in this lifetime.

& as mentioned forget about the giants such as waterhouse, hawkes, etc, not too sure if their contribution to racing is in the long run a positive one, just look at the state of sydney racing.

trainers i am watching at the moment esp with an eye on the brisy carnival -

gerald ryan
robbie laing
george reid
garry newham
Old 15th May 2005, 01:58 PM

Trainers do have unique ways of doing things, and by going back over hundereds of horses, a pattern does emerge. Most trainers do it pretty similar, but one or two have unique patterns.

Bart Cummings for example, will send his horses out, even if they're not performing, just to get the miles into their legs and strip fitter. He will often give them a giant rise in class and then drop them back in class the next run and again the next.

A classic case is El Mirada.

El Mirada went from the G1 AAMI Stradbroke where he did nothing, to 14 days later the Group 111 Mercedes-Benz where he won, and again he was dropped in class to a Listed another 14 days later where he won again. Then he stayed at G3 level but never won that preparation again.

This is not an anomoly with the horse, Bart does this a lot. And you can get great value if you can pick it.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg

Last edited by Chrome Prince : 15th May 2005 at 02:03 PM.