OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Sports and Gambling (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Statistical Certainty Bets (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=10363)

iamcool 2nd August 2005 09:35 PM

Haha Sportz

I knew you'd say that. True though the price is too short but me thinks it would be very difficult to find a statistical cert that is also well priced in market. Not impossible, but difficult all the same. Certainly with AFL this weekend! That's why i was looking at Port and the Saints for the healthier divvies. Perhaps if the Dees were not playing so poorly and carrying so many injuries.

Perhaps, as you last post would suggest, Line or Margin betting may be the way to go.

iamcool 2nd August 2005 09:41 PM

Similarly Lions over Hawks - alas very short price though.

karla909 3rd August 2005 08:34 AM

In the satistical certainties but unbettable tennis events, Agassi won 2nd round match at $1.10 ---system 1-0 +.10

This week the #1 seed at Washington will win 3rd round match now 23 from 24 since 1978. (must win rd 2 of course to qualify).

Go Andy

Sportz 3rd August 2005 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla909
In the satistical certainties but unbettable tennis events, Agassi won 2nd round match at $1.10 ---system 1-0 +.10

This week the #1 seed at Washington will win 3rd round match now 23 from 24 since 1978. (must win rd 2 of course to qualify).

Go Andy

Well done. Short price, but the stats were really behind him.

goldmember 3rd August 2005 11:09 AM

After watching last weeks games ,i wouldnt be rushing in to back the eagles,it was a pretty average win against the hawks at home and their form at the M.C.G isnt that great, the last 9 day games there have resulted in 3 wins [ 2 wins this year beating richmond by 2 and melboune by 13 and they wont be in the finals this year.]

goldmember 3rd August 2005 11:27 AM

The cowboys record against the saints at home is very good [4/5] scoring 174 [av 34.8] to 92 [av 18.4] and i've already taken the $1.90

nothing to do with stats,but they have P.Rahihi and C.Webb back. that stat will then become 5/6.

cheers

Sportz 3rd August 2005 11:43 AM

Whoever wins between the Cowboys and Dragons often seems to win BIG. Let's see if it happens again.

iamcool 4th August 2005 08:58 AM

Hey Boys and Girls,

Hows about Aussies to win second test @ $1.77 Sportingbet. Weather forecast is for light rain on Sat only - otherwise fine 18/21 degrees. Fair chance they can rap it up in four days either way all things going well. Soft pitch might be a concern though, however should be the same for both teams as the curator doesn't expect any rapid improvement.

Sportz 6th August 2005 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Whoever wins between the Cowboys and Dragons often seems to win BIG. Let's see if it happens again.

Yep. :D

I have no idea why, but when these two teams play each other, it's almost always a 13+ margin. Just have to pick which team. Although, you could have backed both teams 13+ and done okay.

Sportz 7th August 2005 07:49 PM

There was only one of these 'Statistical Certainty' type bets for me this weekend:

MANLY (+7.5) vs Brisbane

Good result. The Brookvale jinx remains in place.