OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My Lay BetFair Adventure (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=17083)

Grand Armee 7th January 2008 10:13 PM

No this is the 00:50 (EST) at Southwell. Three horse race, the topweight, #1 Home, is (now) $1.38 favourite. I've laid it at overs.... :(

Chrome Prince 7th January 2008 10:27 PM

I don't want to mozz you but that's playing with fire, he's likely to trade much shorter in play unless he misses the kick, this is a flat race not a hurdle.

Fingers crossed for you.

Just mossie is likely to trade higher, I don't want to cost you money, so stick with it, but if it were me, I'd get out of that bet at $1.41 and transfer my lay to just mossie.

Grand Armee 7th January 2008 10:29 PM

Interesting point.... maybe I should back him at whatever he is now, have $2000 on him, and then put up a lay at $1.25 for the in running?

Chrome Prince 7th January 2008 10:31 PM

Noooo, if he misses the kick you're stuffed.

Just Mossie is a far better lay opportunity and back higher in play.

But do what you think, I don't want to be responsible if things don't pan out :(

Grand Armee 7th January 2008 10:34 PM

Nah is not a worry, I am just having a little play, mostly out of boredom. I do like the idea of being a trader (I am Yin, not Yang), but I don't have the patience.

Grand Armee 8th January 2008 12:34 AM

Chrome Prince - I've been watching this stuff on the UK tonight, I traded my way out of that 00:50 race, BTW, to chop it out, but one thing I've noticed is the IN RUN betting is so fluctuating. For several seconds, on the 00:30 at LUDL, you could bet to win on a 92% market.

Grand Armee 8th January 2008 12:48 AM

OK taken a bit of a risk for fun here in the 00:50. I have backed this fave, HOME, at $1.39 now, have had $1000 on it and will try to lay back at 1.20 in the run.

Grand Armee 8th January 2008 12:51 AM

woo-hoo!! laid it back in the run at 1.20!!

this is fun!

Chrome Prince 8th January 2008 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Armee
Chrome Prince - I've been watching this stuff on the UK tonight, I traded my way out of that 00:50 race, BTW, to chop it out, but one thing I've noticed is the IN RUN betting is so fluctuating. For several seconds, on the 00:30 at LUDL, you could bet to win on a 92% market.

Yes,but it'scleanedup before you can get it.

Because we can onlypreset bets before the jump it would be very hard.

P.S. WELL DONE you got the bikkies.

But for mine the riskwastoo high, Just mossie was $7.00 just after the went 800m and it would alwaystrade larger at some point, even if the favourite missed the jump.

BUT - WELL DONE ;)

Chrome Prince 8th January 2008 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Armee
woo-hoo!! laid it back in the run at 1.20!!

this is fun!

Just be careful, most real shorties will trade shorter, but some do not.

In fact there are two recently that come to mind.