Thread: Poker machines
View Single Post
Old 11th March 2003, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Melb. has 2 Asaian gamblers annonomous associations their culture has been exposed to gambling for thousands of years,the assoc. claim their clints only became a problem once they were introduced to Poker machines .

Ausrtralia has the 2nd. largest number of machines in the world.
That has to be a sad indicement on our Governments need for greed.

Mankind has been gambling for thousands of years, not just asians. That said, they are keen gamblers (moreso than others). Still, as long as there is gambling there will be addictions, and addictions didn't start with pokies. I'm sure many asians had a problem before pokies came around.

As for the statement about the 2nd largest number of machines, I think the figure that we have the HIGHEST PER CAPITA is probally just as important. We ARE the pokie capital of the world, and that's a damn shame.

Machines are boring, and give out terrible returns. I've never EVER sent a coin down the slot and NEVER will. I don't see the fun in it at all. My primary income is BJ, which in my opinion is a much better option. The return is much better if the player knows basic strategy, hell even baccarat, roulette and craps are better than the pokies (AND sociably/mentally interactable games).

If you have to gamble, at least gamble on something where you have a chance.