View Single Post
Old 1st April 2004, 06:55 PM

Marshy,
It would hard to bet against the Roosters, the way they demolished the Bulldogs (my team boo hoo) but the Panthers showed last week (against the Warriors) that they are the Premiers and will not go down without a fight.

I reckon the Panthers forwards are stronger than any other pack that the Roosters have faced thus far and the Easts backs will not have the freedom they had last week...I rate Waterhouse and the Gower/ Campbell halves combo gets better every game...Girdler and Wesser out wide...who knows?

Panthers beat the Roosters in the 3rd round last year and of course won the final...it'll be a cracker either way.

Newcastle, without AJ, away from home...they tried to show that they could play without their captain against an inconsistent Paramatta team (who are trying to play a Roosters type game but lack the personnel)...and nearly pulled it off. They have a revamped backline (Gidley bros in the halves, Tahu at centre) but it is their forwards that will have to do the hard work and they are strong and Buderus is playing his best football. Warriors win aside, St George have not yet performed as a team...could be a long night for them and coach Brown...Barrett and co will need to step up to the plate...Good luck and good punting Marshy...