View Single Post
Old 11th March 2003, 09:20 PM

Mr J,

I don't bet on American sports (not yet anyway) and don't really see any need to unless you are particularly interested in them. The turnover on other international sports is big enough now and there are so many bookmakers around that you should have no trouble betting on just about any sport you like - for example Betfair alone has over $2.5 million dollars bet on the Aust v NZ match tonight.

If you want consistant year-round action then I would say Tennis is hard to beat - it carries on pretty much year round instead of having 6 month seasons.

For those who may be interested Tony recommended 12 bets for Round 1 at Indian Wells - of these 6 have played so far. These 6 were:
Stepanek – 0.75 unit if over 1.76 - LOST @ 2.30
Safin – 1.5 units if over 1.46 - WON @ 1.20
Costa – 0.5 unit if over 1.91 - WON @ 2.25
Vahaly - 0.5 unit if over 1.73 - WON @ 2.30
Spadea - 1.5 units if over 1.41 - WON @ 2.59
Kratochvil - 0.5 unit if over 1.85 - LOST @ 1.64
So there have been 4 bets (Safin and Kratchovil were not available at the recommended price) for a total of 3.25 units invested with a return of 6.16 units.

As I said previously there have been bad weeks and good weeks but overall Tonys recommended bets seem to be producing good results overall - with a sizeable bank you should be able to make quite a nice profit.