Thread: Staking Plea
View Single Post
Old 29th March 2006, 07:22 AM
Suspended.

Smile

All nice theoreticals chaps, but even though Mannygeese's point about bank interest might have been a bit of the mark about capital, I think all the system clappers here are a bit off tap too.

OK the talk here is $100 bets and 2% of bank or !% was also mentioned for safety reasons. Show me a 1% membership here who has a betting bank [only] of $50k for 2% bets or $100k for 1% bets and I'll run down Bourke street naked !

In fact there would be very, very few punters here except perhaps Chrome, Party and probably Bagman [all the sensible and timid punters ;-)] who have a betting bank at all with much in it even if they do have one. No one leaves big amounts of money like that sitting in a special 'punting bank' only account unless they are a serious Pro. Punter [who are generally already rich from inheritance or business] or a fool. $100 bets[?] yep, lots here can afford those, but not representing 1 or 2% of any punting bank a few punters here might have. I like 99% of all punters don't have one. I bet from capital I can [mostly] afford to lose. Nothing else.

Most punters have stuff all 'punting bank' and bet by the seat of there dacks from what they can afford each week for punting [and from the rent money for the real desperadoes]. I have never in my 35yr. punting life [in the real world] met a punter who has a dedicated 'punting money only' bank big enough to do even 2% of bank bets that would make up a $20 bet let alone a $100 bet. They mostly bet from what they can afford each week.

Even the rich mostly use general capital for punting, not a specific 'punting bank'. Well off Pro. punters, sure. Everyone else: $50k to $100k punting banks? Give me a break, I'm killing myself laughing:-) lol lol

Anyhow, feel free to fib. and disagree with me. This is cyberspace after all and not the real world :-)