Thread: Rugby Union
View Single Post
Old 16th June 2020, 05:01 AM

Default Aotearoa Round 2

I thought I would have a go at the Aotearoa Super Rugby, all-New Zealand competition. I updated my schedule too late to get it to you last week. All teams started where they left off after Round 7. I had the Highlanders as underdogs at home but worthy of a value bet which cashed nicely. I had the Blues to win at home, which they did, but there was no value bet on that game. This week, the Highlanders are favoured due to home advantage although they are lower rated. The crowds were huge last week, so that ought to give some home advantage. We have to see how the layoff affected the Crusaders.

I was curious about the name Aotearoa. Thanks to Google Translate and Google, I learned that Ao Tea Roa means a Long White Cloud. An early Polynesian boat noticed a long white cloud on the horizon and figured there must be an island there. That’s how they found North Island, so they named New Zealand Ao Tea Roa, Long White Cloud. I think the competition ought to be called Te Tini Nui, which means The Huge Crowd because that’s what they had last week. It was really fun to see a live sports event with people enjoying themselves.

Stay well, everyone!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Super Rugby Round 9.doc (51.5 KB, 1065 views)