Thread: Rugby Union
View Single Post
Old 13th February 2021, 05:49 PM

Default Super Rugby 2021, Round 1

Hi to all,

Here we go for another fun Super Rugby season. I suppose we can’t call the organization SANZAAR anymore because the SA (South Africa) and an A (Argentina) are gone. It’s NZAR, I suppose.

We will start the way we ended last season. There will be separate double round-robin tournaments for Australia and New Zealand. That will take 10 rounds each of two games per week. The schedule is slightly off so we start with one round of two Australian games, nine rounds of four games each and one round when New Zealand finishes their tournament.

After those 40 games comes a remarkable 25 game Trans-Tasman competition. Each Australian team plays each New Zealand team over 5 weeks of 5 games each. For weeks 1, 2, 4 and 5, teams play twice at home and twice away. In the middle comes week 3, where all games are played at one location over a weekend. The details haven’t been revealed.

The season will end with a championship game between the top two teams in the combined table, as hosted by the top team.

I am trying to imagine having a COVID breakout and trying to clear a stadium of rugby fans. There would probably be more scrums than in the game.

Good luck and good health to all!

Ray Stefani
Attached Files
File Type: doc Super Rugby 2021- Round 1.doc (54.5 KB, 834 views)