View Single Post
Old 27th April 2021, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
Hi All,

I've been checking the forums infrequently lately and as i'm sure many of you have noticed there isn't a whole lot of material being added - or not to the extent that there used to be.

Was just curious who is still around and how are your punting experiences going? A couple of the main people i've interacted within previously are Uselessbettor and Shaun, so i'm not sure if you lads are still around but anyone else is welcome to reply too.

I'm still just going day by day, week by week recording data and trialing things but still yet to find anything I can follow in a simple manner for horse racing. I have no doubt that understanding the data and the area's value are likely to exist have helped shape my betting to be more profitable but its still just from a recreational point of view. There's no system for me to follow yet that I can reliably follow knowing that in 3 months time there's a solid chance ill have some profit.

Which leads me to the other side of the coin, sport punting. Me and a mate have been following NBA prop bets for two full seasons now and made substantial profit from a units point of view. However there's no room to expand the outlay side of things because then you get limited or banned. So I continue to plod along with small stakes making a tidy profit each season as some side money.

For AFL I've finally read my second book since graduating from uni 10 years ago haha and its helped shape my models and approach to betting it. There's some prop betting as well with AFL that i'm trialing for the first time this season and finding success with but once again because its such a soft market its easier to find the profit, but hard to increase stakes without being banned or limited.

Finally there's NRL which I have next to no knowledge in myself, but my mate who does the NBA with has a model and follows the sport so he passes his picks through which I follow.

There's definitely some sports and soft underlying markets out there to make profit on, its just not as sustainable or life changing because you are limited as to how much you can increase staking or fly under the radar. Racing has been by far the most difficult for me to find something to follow consistently.

Anyhow thats turned into a long post. Anyone else got something to add?

I always say the key to success is adapting, i spend time on that other forum but have to say is mostly full of sheep, nothing much to learn over there and anything that can be taught falls mostly on deaf ears.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee