View Single Post
Old 7th May 2021, 07:37 PM

evajb, shaun, Mark, partypooper, entropy,

Great to see you guys are all still around.

As far as how I am going on the punting game, its pretty much me just plodding away at it as usual.

I've reduced my turnover to keep the swings to more of my liking. Where I was doing over 400 million per year I have scaled it back and I am doing around 60 Million a year. The profits are less but Ive also reduced my volatility significantly. I only bet a small number of my models now. I still have around 900+ models across various sports which show long term profits. If I bet them all I would still be turning over more than 400 million per year.

This year (Jan-Apr) has been ok without anything to get excited about or to be disapppointed in. its been steady which is what I was aiming for. I am sitting at 40K profit (around 10K profit a month). Largest drawdown has been $8K. I have my personal tax ruling lodged so that 10K a month is tax free

Im glad to hear everyone is still going at it.

There are lots of profitable angles out there. Keep looking each day and you will find them if you have enough data. I find them all the time, but they are generally too up/down for my risk profile. The trick isnt finding profitable angles, its finding ones you will bet through the ups and downs.

I tend to frequent the slack channels now and less on forums. Ill be back here more around Melb Cup and hoping we have a thread again this year to help us get the winner..