Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th April 2010, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1993
Looks real good speed in this , Theseo , Road to Rock , Walking or Dancing all going pretty hard , TT just off them
I can see Theseo and TT fighting it up the hill and then a swooper getting them late.
Really suits Palacio if the track is dry , Danliegh and the Ranga . Rough chances aswell to Brilliant Light and Snappy ,

Tracey has shown before when the big boys take her on shes vulnerable , Big theseo is a minus to her but a big bonus to Palacio and Danleigh.

Palacio can do a private Steer here and weave through the pack (still gives me goosebumps watching that replay)

always love this race , my fave next to the Straddie..

Rock Kingdom won it last year did it not with Rangi 2nd on heavy conditions? If that was the Doncaster, I remember that was the first time I have won $50 on here and because it was my first deposit, Sportsbet matched it so I had $100 to spend. I chucked it all on Road to Rock before his run before the Doncaster at $43 and I still reckon if the track was dry he would have won. Came charging down the outside on a day where many didn't make up ground.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makybe Diva
Rock Kingdom won it last year did it not with Rangi 2nd on heavy conditions? If that was the Doncaster, I remember that was the first time I have won $50 on here and because it was my first deposit, Sportsbet matched it so I had $100 to spend. I chucked it all on Road to Rock before his run before the Doncaster at $43 and I still reckon if the track was dry he would have won. Came charging down the outside on a day where many didn't make up ground.

nah, that was the epsom you're thinking of. Vision and Power won the donnie last year
Old 14th April 2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
nah, that was the epsom you're thinking of. Vision and Power won the donnie last year

Ahh true thankyou. Walking or Dancing has been scratched due to a stone bruise. Recoup De Fortune in.
Old 14th April 2010, 12:30 PM

Walking or Dancing is an early scratching
1st emergency Recoup De Fortune will now get a run
Old 14th April 2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands
Darren Beadman likely rider for Theseo after stewards ruled that Nash Rawiller will ride the Chris Waller-trained Rangirangdoo.

Theseo was to have his next run in Queen Elizabeth Stakes but is now an acceptor for the Doncaster.

The Waterhouse stable argued that Rawiller was booked to ride Theseo throughout the autumn.

Gai Waterhouse is believed to be giving consideration to lodging an appeal against the decision.

Been reported that Gai is taking this matter to the Supreme Court. Being heard tomorrow.
Old 14th April 2010, 06:13 PM
Banned

If i was Waller i'd let him go and book Beadman who i think would suit Rangi better . I think the rougher you are with Rangi the more he flattens out , Nash is tough on them and his style does suit the warhorse Theseo so i can see why Gai really wants him.
I cant have Black Piranha or Vision and Power in this unless theres alot of rain about both i think have been flattered by suitable conditions and are probably a length or two off some of these.

I liked the way Danleigh moved into the race earlier than usual last start and then pounced , This will give him a slight advantage over palacio who will be saved for one final weaving sprint through the pack. I had my doubts Danliegh over a tough mile but he was super strong last start.
Old 14th April 2010, 10:48 PM

Question

Hi guys

I was analysing this race from a time prespective and found some outsiders who could well be in the mix to the line on sat.

Last year this race was won in 1.36.66 on a Dead track. Brilliant Light ran this distace at randwick last weekend on a dead track in 1.35.7 and is 5kg lighted this run!!!

Tobique has run 1600 in 1.36.89 on a slow track at randwick 2kg heavier than tis run...could we assume that he would run this distance on a dead tack in1.5 - 2 seconds quicker..say a 1.35??

Wall street ran a 1.33.86 on a good going in NZ carring 2kg more than this trip and has won 7 time over this distance....can we use this time as a relevant measure against the randwick circuit??

Typhoon tracy'sbest time over this distance is a 1.34.42 at caulfield on a good track...is it prudent to say this time would have been near a 1.36 on a dead track??

just wondering what your thoughts are on these time and how relevant you guys think they are. From a time prespective it looks like brilliant light, tobique and wall street would be right in the mix!

cheers
Old 15th April 2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyshiraz
Hi guys

I was analysing this race from a time prespective and found some outsiders who could well be in the mix to the line on sat.

Last year this race was won in 1.36.66 on a Dead track. Brilliant Light ran this distace at randwick last weekend on a dead track in 1.35.7 and is 5kg lighted this run!!!

Tobique has run 1600 in 1.36.89 on a slow track at randwick 2kg heavier than tis run...could we assume that he would run this distance on a dead tack in1.5 - 2 seconds quicker..say a 1.35??

Wall street ran a 1.33.86 on a good going in NZ carring 2kg more than this trip and has won 7 time over this distance....can we use this time as a relevant measure against the randwick circuit??

Typhoon tracy'sbest time over this distance is a 1.34.42 at caulfield on a good track...is it prudent to say this time would have been near a 1.36 on a dead track??

just wondering what your thoughts are on these time and how relevant you guys think they are. From a time prespective it looks like brilliant light, tobique and wall street would be right in the mix!

cheers

The times are different on every course. You are better off comparing the time to the track record for that particular kind of surface IMO.
Old 16th April 2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHatMyCoat
Been reported that Gai is taking this matter to the Supreme Court. Being heard tomorrow.

gai has lost the supreme court battle..nash rawiller will ride rangirangdoo..darren beadman will ride theseo..
Old 17th April 2010, 11:44 AM
Banned

Looks a tough race , my speed map has Palacio having to have an awful amount of luck to win this , she'll be behind alot of horse going backwards here and i'm not that confident in Wells to pull it off. Will be a ******** of a win .

Rangi gets the good drop on these leaders, Danliegh will have to go wide and that will eat up some lengths and i worry about that last 50m.

Thought Triple Honour the best roughie , he gets the gun run and his last run wasnt all that bad , Road to rock gets a good run also .

TT and Theseo will give a good sight but both will be hampered i think by Recoup defortune ,,still both are to good to leave out of the exotics.

I'll be having something e/w on the roughie Triple Honour but mainly focusing on the exotics with the ones mentioned.