Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 7th August 2010, 06:19 PM

Okay, here are the final scores of the tipsters who took part today:

328 . aidleo
199 . foxseal
196 . Sirpent
182 . luv2bet
172 . Maverick1993
140 . Goldcoaster
118 . TheSchmile
95 . Raw Instinct
70 . Pedro
0 . nags2riches
0 . Sportz

I'll sort out what I'm going to do with the comp a bit later.
Old 8th August 2010, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
Come on, who's going to start the ball rolling?

Where are you, Horse Whisperer???

Ahh so sorry mate, lost the internet at work which is where I spend all my time checking this site. (probably why we lost it lol) If you want to replace me that's cool, otherwise happy to have forfeited and get into it next week?
Old 8th August 2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz

I'll sort out what I'm going to do with the comp a bit later.
SPORTZ
You could always just continue like this - all in and if a player forgets, pulls out or has problems like HORSEWHISPERER, you just get zero (+ illness: I have heavy duty chemo some Fridays & Saturdays can be a write off). Cumulate scores, then set up finals between top tipsters during the Spring Carnival. It's a thankless job for you but I really appreciate your effort and vigilance.
Old 8th August 2010, 05:44 PM
Banned

sportznut - we had a blackout all fri night and saturday morning and i couldn't get to post my tips.

will be good to tip each week.
Old 9th August 2010, 08:35 AM

This is what I'm going to do. Much like what Foxseal said actually.

We'll just forget about the head to head competition until we get to the finals. We'll all be competing against everyone else each week until the end of October, then the top 8 tipsters will go to the finals. It's a bit disappointing because the head to head competition is fun, but it's pretty tough these days to get all 16 tipsters tipping on the one weekend. And believe me, I know about the computer problems. I've had trouble with that lately too.

So, anybody who didn't tip on the weekend can join in next week on zero (exactly the same score as me ). And it doesn't matter if you weren't one of the original 16 people who signed up for the comp. If you missed out originally, you're welcome to join in now if you want.

Here's the table as it stands at the moment:

1 - 328 . aidleo
2 - 199 . foxseal
3 - 196 . Sirpent
4 - 182 . luv2bet
5 - 172 . Maverick1993
6 - 140 . Goldcoaster
7 - 118 . TheSchmile
8 - 95 . Raw Instinct
-----
9 - 70 . Pedro
10 - 0 . nags2riches
11 - 0 . Sportz
Old 9th August 2010, 05:57 PM
Banned

Thats a shame Sportz, it makes the comp just like a million others around the place. The one on one aspect of the comp is what made it so unique.
Can't you just penalise "no shows" 2 points and disqualify them if they miss to many.
Thursday you do the draw , that give tipsters over 2 days to list them , Heaps of time.

I'd get confirmation again from last weeks no shows and see if they are serious , you only need another one or 3 would be better..

Chucks a regular and william has been around here for donks and HW is reliable as well. its probably just 1st week teething probs..
Old 10th August 2010, 06:48 AM

Unhappy Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Sportz
I apologise for not posting tips ....will be right this week end.

Regards
William
Old 10th August 2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1993
Thats a shame Sportz, it makes the comp just like a million others around the place. The one on one aspect of the comp is what made it so unique.

Yeah, I know. Never mind.

We'll go along like this for now and just see what happens. As it stands, we will still have head to head contests for the finals. BUT, if it looks like we have the numbers available to do it, then I could still find some way to re-introduce the head to head aspect earlier than the finals.

It was very disheartening on the weekend to put all the work in, and then have only 10 out of 16 tipsters come on to post tips.

Last edited by Sportz : 10th August 2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11th August 2010, 07:38 AM

Sportz depending on what happens this week you could just award every there scores from last weekend and turn it into a head to head comp this weekend
Old 12th August 2010, 09:29 AM

Week 2: August 14

Okay, after last week's disaster, I'm going to continue on for the time being without the head to head aspect of the comp. BUT if we end up getting enough tipsters tipping each week, then I will reintroduce the one on one tipping at the end of the month. So it's important that everyone remembers to tip this week. And don't think that it's not important. Even if we revert to head to head tipping next month, these scores you make now will still be important to your overall position.

Anyway, with no head to head tipping, there's no need to worry about what anyone else has picked this week. Just pick the horses that you like, whether someone else has already picked them or not.

You do still have to make a selection in the feature race of the week though.....

CAUL R6 - 3.20 J.J. LISTON STAKES
1 SHOCKING
2 ZAVITE
3 HEART OF DREAMS
4 C'EST LA GUERRE
5 VIGOR
6 PREDATORY PRICER
7 MOURAYAN
8 STERLING PRINCE
9 APPREHEND
10 SO YOU THINK
11 SHOOT OUT
12 MONACO CONSUL
13 CARRARA
14 SHAMOLINE WARRIOR
15 TOLLESPRIT

Tipping deadline is 2:50 Saturday afternoon AEST.