Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 8th June 2021, 02:29 PM

yes i still look in each day and i also think speed maps help a lot if they are true and the horses run to them or close

i also still do the quds and trebles but the pools are now very low on most week day meetings.
Old 14th June 2021, 02:18 PM

Ah, I'm reliably informed that the word is KIBOSH, not KARBOSH?? RE: my last post here!
Old 25th August 2021, 08:48 PM

Smile

Hi All,

I have just started reading all the old posts and picking up many great thoughts from so many of the early contributors (upto start 2005, still a long way to go).

Why have so many of these prolific contributors been suspended and/or banned?

TTA

Questioning moderation is unacceptable. Account suspended 1 month. Moderator
Next time this thread will be locked or removed in addition to User suspension.

Last edited by Moderator 2 : 26th August 2021 at 05:40 AM.
Old 26th August 2021, 07:49 PM

I think they just moved on. There were some heated debates in some years and a few bans were put into place. This annoyed a few of them and they went elsewhere.

I have drifted away from posting here as there are other places which are more active these days. So much of it has moved to facebook groups (mostly degenerate gamblers there) or onto twitter (its a bit hit and miss) but also there are private slack channels where the information is hidden away from most people. This is where the better stuff is now found.

But the best information is always found in private conversations between people. Its a great idea to reach out to people and get to know them. People won't tell you their secrets but you can ask questions and gain from their expereiences. If I was to try trading I would go ask lots of questions to the traders I know, if I wanted to create a book I would reach out to Mark, if I wanted to do in play betting in tennis I would reach out to the biggest inplay trader I know. I have all these connections because I always strike up conversations and talk with them. Keep in mind if you want to get answers from them you also need to be willing to open up about what is working and what is not working for you. These days you can quickly get a zoom session going and chat face to face.

Pre-covid I would go to meetups and talk to people. I heard amazing stories of Zeljko from the old days when they frequented the tracks (OMG on those stories) from some really long term profitable punters.

Relationships are where the real gold can be found.
Old 2nd February 2022, 10:43 PM

Hi everybody
I'm still around and punting successfully.
I'm mostly an in running player now. I lay the gallops all over Oz and back the harness races in my state. It is difficult to lose on any given Friday if you bet in running at GP.
I run the Marketfeeder Pro bot which is a magnificent piece of software. I have a few winning systems in there and it runs non stop.
Good to see all the familiar names popping up.
Old 4th February 2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
long, long, time since I posted here, but just to assure you that we ("old timers" still look in but don't comment, I'm sure that I don't need to explain why) ??

Good to see you Party, long time for me since last log in, years actually.
We used to exchange a few messages.

Best of luck to you and all here.
Old 4th February 2022, 12:24 PM

G'Day BD 'n'all yes, still kicking; not investing anywhere near as much these days, got banned several places and restricted others, kinda took the wind out of my sails.
But I've still got a couple of die hard plans that just keep on producing and are easier to, well, camouflage.
Old 4th February 2022, 08:03 PM

Very quiet on here. Forums like this seem to be dying out in the days of social media. But I still post my ratings on here each week and I'll be starting up the tipping comp soon.
Old 5th February 2022, 06:17 PM

I stop by to read every once and a while but I am a lot more active on the slack channels now rather than forums.

But this forum is always good to look back over for an idea or two.
Old 6th February 2022, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
I stop by to read every once and a while but I am a lot more active on the slack channels now rather than forums.

But this forum is always good to look back over for an idea or two.

I'm risking a ban here, but no matter, I say it anyway.

So, you are still the leech you were many years ago when you milked punters for their systems by providing a "system test"?

Despicable.