View Single Post
Old 26th August 2021, 08:49 PM

I think they just moved on. There were some heated debates in some years and a few bans were put into place. This annoyed a few of them and they went elsewhere.

I have drifted away from posting here as there are other places which are more active these days. So much of it has moved to facebook groups (mostly degenerate gamblers there) or onto twitter (its a bit hit and miss) but also there are private slack channels where the information is hidden away from most people. This is where the better stuff is now found.

But the best information is always found in private conversations between people. Its a great idea to reach out to people and get to know them. People won't tell you their secrets but you can ask questions and gain from their expereiences. If I was to try trading I would go ask lots of questions to the traders I know, if I wanted to create a book I would reach out to Mark, if I wanted to do in play betting in tennis I would reach out to the biggest inplay trader I know. I have all these connections because I always strike up conversations and talk with them. Keep in mind if you want to get answers from them you also need to be willing to open up about what is working and what is not working for you. These days you can quickly get a zoom session going and chat face to face.

Pre-covid I would go to meetups and talk to people. I heard amazing stories of Zeljko from the old days when they frequented the tracks (OMG on those stories) from some really long term profitable punters.

Relationships are where the real gold can be found.