Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th October 2002, 02:01 PM

reading through a few of the old posts I noticed how feverishly everyone jumps up and down whenever a spreadsheet is mentioned.
Over the years I have been involved in a few sports online and have always used good old Excel to keep all my stats and even to hold the html code for web pages so that all I have to do is copy the spreadsheet page and upload it onto the net.

I dont use spreadsheets for racing because the few methods of selection I use are so pathetically simple all I have to do is look up a form guide - no calculation is needed, thankfully :smile:

But as I have become a spreadsheet fanatic I love to see other peoples efforts - I like to see the codes and formulas they use, I like to see the different lay outs people come up with.

And I am sure many of you are in the same boat - you love to look and learn from others efforts.

So to make a long story even longer...
1. is there anyway we can create a repository of spreadsheets for those who want to give us all a look at their ideas rather than having us all post a "me too" message to the forum and

2. if anyone has any spreadsheet efforts they are proud of and want to show off to a fellow Excel aficianado I am happy to receive ... you can email me at et@tpg.com.au

3. and if any of you have nifty Excel tricks you want to share in this forum, I invite you to step forward since knowing a few shortcuts etc can make ones spreadsheeting more effective - which might help the race selection process for many of you.

I should point out its not really your betting or selection systems I am after, but rather how you use your spreadsheet that is of interest. Especially those who use graphs and advanced features.

see ya
Every Topic
Old 26th October 2002, 11:54 AM

Hi Every Topic, I'll send you some spreadsheets next week when I have time, as I am extremely busy with family stuff and of course the Cox Plate this weekend.
Old 26th October 2002, 09:47 PM

I started with a spreadsheet time calculator and developed something some years ago but I have since converted to a database (MS Access) and will never be looking back.
I am now thinking about programming a stand alone product for time calculation using the database as a basis.

I am interested in comparing products for data management / calculations. Any thoughts?