Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th June 2006, 10:07 AM
Banned

Default Wimbledon

Yawn Federer Wins and $1.30 isn't worth it

Betfair currently have a "Winner w/o Federer" bet....seems a lot fairer

For an outsider i say look no further than Dmitri Tursanov....likes grass....worst performance at Wimbledon is when he was beaten in the 3rd round.....

It all lies on whether he can beat Ivan Ljubicic who he is set to play in the 3rd round, should he make it that far....Ljubicic has never made it past the 2nd round in wimbledon in 6 appearances....they have met once on hardcourt for a 4 set victory to ljubicic but i think the values there....if he makes it past the 3rd round, then he plays nothing too big until Nadal in the quarters who isn't that great on grass....

He is currently $250 to win outright, and $60 to win w/o federer

good luck
Old 30th June 2006, 10:00 AM
Banned

Tursunov wins his 2nd round match in straight sets 6-1 7-5 6-4 over Alberto Martin. His first round win was over Danai Udomchoke 6-1 6-4 6-2. He plays Ljubicic in the 3rd round who should be fatigued who has played 94 games of tennis compared to Tursunov's 54
Old 2nd July 2006, 09:24 AM
Banned

Turnunov knocks off the No. 5 seed 5-7 4-6 6-1 7-6 6-2
Old 2nd July 2006, 08:13 PM
Banned

Tonight Dmitry plays Jarkko Nieminen, the 22nd seed. Nieminen has so far beaten players ranked 90, 252 and 88 - hardly anything to get excited about. THis is compared to Tursunov's 80, 51 and 4

Tursunov should win this and continue on his quest to Wimbledon Glory
Old 4th July 2006, 08:16 AM
Banned

Unhappy

well the dream is over.

Nieminen won 7-5 6-4 6-7 6-7 9-7 in contraversial circumstances as Tursunov had a point penalty against him in the last game of the match (i.e. nieminen was serving at 15-0 instead of 0-0). apparently when a tursunov shot hit the bottom of the umpire's chair it was aimed at him?????. this turned out to be crucial. the umpire has always had some sort of problem with tursunov in the past (issuing fines etc.) and it was unfortunate he had to get him again

DMITRY TURSUNOV: Maybe it's something personal now because I've always argued with him during my matches. But I think he's terrible. I mean, he never makes an overrule. Then he, you know, as you saw, gives me a point penalty at 8 7. Four hours on the court doesn't seem to be a good enough reason for him to be more lenient. You know, if the guy's an idiot, the guy's an idiot. I'm gonna let him know that I feel that.