Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th September 2013, 11:45 AM

Default Data analysis software

Hi All

Does anyone know of any software that will perform search & analysis functions on ones own excel database?

Ideally, I want to be able to load an excel or csv database file into it and have the software functions do various filtering events.

I am not sure if anything like this is available "off the shelf" but hopefully some of our IT friends out their can shed some light.
Old 4th September 2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rails run
Hi All

Does anyone know of any software that will perform search & analysis functions on ones own excel database?

Ideally, I want to be able to load an excel or csv database file into it and have the software functions do various filtering events.

I am not sure if anything like this is available "off the shelf" but hopefully some of our IT friends out their can shed some light.

Can you explain better what you want to do ? ie Just filtering ? You could write a simple macro to do it and it would work off a button. It would take you about an hour to find an example on the web and learn how to do it.
Old 4th September 2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Hi All

Hi rails run

Our Selection Finder and Analyser will do what you are asking.

The Axis has a unique function which allows the user to test and analyse an external list of horses. This is useful in determining the performance and
perhaps more importantly the shortcomings of the list through full analysis. The list source can be from anywhere; your bets, the ratings or tips that you
currently use are two examples. All you need is to have the date the horse ran and the horses name (in a CSV file).

If you wanted to I could run the analysis for you and send you the results covering more than 115 filters.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/

Last edited by PaulD01 : 4th September 2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 4th September 2013, 06:18 PM

Hi UB & Paul

Thanks for your replies.

UB, my excel database has about 40 columns of data on all horses in a race x 1000's races. These columns include stats including distance, TAB#, race class, gender, ratings, barrier, dividends, etc, etc.

Using filters in excel to cross-tab the data is very slow with so much data. So I was wondering if there was a program that can be aligned to all the columns. I would load forward data each day. Then I could pick a selection of filters and the program would bring up the results assuming level stakes bets. I hope that explains it??

Paul, from what I have read I understood your Analyser can only take an extra 5 single entry lists. If it can take a whole new multi-column database and perform the same search functions I've seen in your tutorials I would be eager to know.
Old 4th September 2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Hi UB & Paul

Thanks for your replies.

UB, my excel database has about 40 columns of data on all horses in a race x 1000's races. These columns include stats including distance, TAB#, race class, gender, ratings, barrier, dividends, etc, etc.

Using filters in excel to cross-tab the data is very slow with so much data. So I was wondering if there was a program that can be aligned to all the columns. I would load forward data each day. Then I could pick a selection of filters and the program would bring up the results assuming level stakes bets. I hope that explains it??

Paul, from what I have read I understood your Analyser can only take an extra 5 single entry lists. If it can take a whole new multi-column database and perform the same search functions I've seen in your tutorials I would be eager to know.

Hi rails run

By the sounds of it many of the columns of data that you have are not unique in nature in as much as stats including distance, TAB#, race class, gender, ratings, barrier, dividends, etc, etc.

What type of unique data are you wanting to import and analyse? I am suggesting that this is all that matters because we have the rest already.

R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
Old 4th September 2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD01
Hi rails run

By the sounds of it many of the columns of data that you have are not unique in nature in as much as stats including distance, TAB#, race class, gender, ratings, barrier, dividends, etc, etc.

What type of unique data are you wanting to import and analyse? I am suggesting that this is all that matters because we have the rest already.
Hi Paul

Without knowing all your data columns/filters I'm not sure how to list what I have that is unique. You raise a good point as there would be some overlays of data for sure. I am certain, however, that I record certain data that is not surveyed by too many people. Would it be ok if I call you tomorrow to have a general discussion?
Old 4th September 2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Hi Paul

Without knowing all your data columns/filters I'm not sure how to list what I have that is unique. You raise a good point as there would be some overlays of data for sure. I am certain, however, that I record certain data that is not surveyed by too many people. Would it be ok if I call you tomorrow to have a general discussion?

Hi rails run

Sure our office number is 07 3103 2262. I'm fairly busy in the morning but will be available after Noon. Can you give me an idea of time and I will block it off.

Old 4th September 2013, 07:21 PM

Thanks Paul

I will try calling you around 2pm.
Old 4th September 2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks Paul

I will try calling you around 2pm.

Hi rails run

Done. Look forward to chatting then.

Old 4th September 2013, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD01
Hi rails run

Hi Brad.

Think you better give me a call first on this matter.

Matt will ring you tomorrow re the email i sent too you three today.

John from (A OWL) has given us an option on the query,
For this thread, that will solve the issue outright.

Cheers.
Garyf.