Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th March 2011, 05:51 PM

whispers,

There is no newbie guide and there are very few people who profit from punting.
Keeo asking questions. Its the only way to succeed.
Old 9th March 2011, 01:52 PM

Hi Whispers1944,

I don't take that much notice of age, sex etc up to a point. I always check mares when racing against the colts and geldings, especially if they've put in a bad run and are back to mares grade. Looking for value in that case.

I rarely back early 2yo races and 3yo staying events, as most of the horses are untried at the distance and in the case of early 2yo's, can be inconsistent. However, when I see see the likes of Sepoy and Karuta Queen running around, I make an exception. Class and speed to burn. Two beautiful things.

A general look at the stats will tell you that 6yo+ horses are more inconsistent, however then you have your horses such as Tears I cry and Zipping, who have both been in great form in the last season at 8 and 9 years old respectively.

In all cases I'd say it's a matter of sorting out the wheat from the chaff. I wouldn't think it'd be as easy as saying 4yo's will beat the 3yo's everytime in open class.

Personally, I'd recommend starting with a stable of horses and following their runs. Observe which tracks they perform best at, distances etc. Find their perfect scenarios and get on when it's all in place. Some will need dry tracks, others a bit of give. Some will run average at one track and gain 6 lengths at another.

Why not start with the best!
You can find a list of the best timeform rated 2,3,4 and 5yo rated horses at:
http://www.racingandsports.com.au/t...asp?newsType=65

Look on the right-hand side under 'Current Season'. There are also stats for last year.

Get a blackbook going to email you your selections when they run from racenet, aap etc.

Hope this helps a bit whispers1944. If you have any further questions about anything in general regarding racing, fire away!

Cheers,

The Schmile