Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th December 2011, 08:59 PM

Hi Bhagwan,

When to stop has always been a problem, but what I think is the greatest problem is having to many bets on the one day. When I used to go to the races every Saturdy with a couple of fellow punters we were always of the opinion that if you could pick two or three winners for the day you had done a good job. If the winners came up early in the day you might as well shut shop and have no more bets or go home, it was safer. If you continued you were more likely to now start backing loosers.
Also, even if you are betting to a system or ratings there was a n average strike rate, hopefully, but winners don't come along evenly spaced to fit the strike rate. If you had say a 35% strike rate winners should come on an average of i winner every 3-4 bets, but they don't. My experience was that winners come in groups or batches so you must be very aware of you average winner price. That is why I like staking plans, not to chase losses, but to get the best value from the winning prices. Th eRetirement Staking Plan designed by Barrie Hughes takes care of this factor and increases the returns from a system that wins at level stakes.
I don't believe using a staking plan adversily effects your selection method, as you should have your selections completed on Friday and you only make adjustments for changes to track conditions or scratchings. Another thing I do is to make my selections from the form guide and look at the pre post market after you have done the form. Looking at prices can cloud your judgement. Price should not come into it, if you select a horse to win it is your favourite, so if betting at level stakes you win more than if you reduce your bet because the price is long. Well that is my theory and I have had some good wim=ns by not being influnced by price.

Regards,
Wildchild