Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th August 2002, 05:37 PM

Quote:
On 2002-08-26 16:13, trench digger wrote:
Equine Investor,

I was silly enough to sign/pay up for Simon Marshalls service.

..Not silly, trenchdigger. Although you should have perhaps requested verified past results - many have fallen victim to this service. Surely, Simon should have enough brains to research something properly before lending his good name and reputation to it. I would have thought people have to be accountable for poor performances these days.
You may well have been mislead as they did advertise it was HIS tips he was giving out because of his "links" with insider information from trainers etc.

Quote:
I spoke to him (it sounded very much like him) a number of times to question the poor results.

...I would be curious to know his responses to your questions.

Quote:
Punters choice since told me he is only the front man for the service and as you say some bloke in QLD runs the show and several others like it.

Often SM would "tip" something pre race on SKY aginst the selections his 'service" gave the same day.

Punters Choice is a little biased when it comes to putting their own systems under the microscope, but definitely worth the investment as it gives an unbiased guide to other systems not owned by equestrian publishing.

As I say SM was conned to some extent, but should have known better, with his knowledge of racing. Having said that - jockeys and trainers are very often the worst tipsters. Just look at the number of times a top hoop opts for a different horse over the Spring Carnival, only to have made the wrong choice. Lee Freedman is probably the best at giving punters an unbiased assessment of his horses chances and Gai Waterhouse the worst!
:wink: