Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd March 2005, 04:12 PM

Oh Happy day,

I've just been on to the RISA site and the ozracing page with the acceptances is back on line. They must have heard us complaining - I didn't know we had so much influence.
Old 23rd March 2005, 11:27 PM
Banned

Kenny
The situation reverted back to normal about 2 days ago
I don't know what the heading was on the RISA site but it now says the fields are proudly made available by the RSB.
If the fields could be legally printed out for private use or saved on the computer by other methods, I could not see the point in obviating the ability to copy and paste, which for me was the quickest and simplest method.
At least the whole episode forced me into learning a bit about Excel and provided the opportunity to experiment with different browsers, namely Firefox and Opera.
The latter browsers have their advantages but cookie blocking causes problems with some sites.
Firefox's pop up blocking is a bonus.
Old 24th March 2005, 12:03 PM

I doubt the change was purely to thwart people copy and pasting things, I think the boffins that make web sites like to justify their existence by "improving" things now and then. The new site had a general bit of java script in it that disabled the regular right click of the mouse (for all pages I think). Some smart ******** programmer no doubt thought it was a clever idea to stop people getting into his web page.
My fear is that they are just putting the old page back while they fix up some little bug in their new pages at which stage it'll reappear.
Old 24th March 2005, 12:11 PM
Banned

You may well be right with your latter point Kenny.
Time will tell.
My question is, why would the racing industry want to thwart punters efforts in gaining useful information unless they want them to stop gambling on their product.?
I agree with your comments about smart ******** programmers justifying their existence.
Why fix it if it ain't broke.
Old 24th March 2005, 12:38 PM

We have to remember too that the RSB is a money making venture. Their results would be a wonderful thing if they at least had the lengths from the winner. Of course you would have to pay them for that information. Some states (NSW and WA for e.g.) you can get full results of races with lengths from the winner, barrier, etc for free in a nice downloadable form. Victoria as far as I can see rely on RSB to issue their results and in the form they appear they are as good as useless to a form analyst. If anyone else knows of a convenient outlet for Victorian results I'd be pleased to hear it.