Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th May 2005, 08:32 PM

Wink STAKING TO WIN

Hi Baco60 and all others.

Have been there done that with most staking plans and have come to the conclusion that the simpler the better.
I have been using quite succesfully the simple 2% of highest Bank plan.
Very safe if using any method that realises level stakes profit.
For example one of my methods I started with $200 bank @2% = $4 in December last year. I have since traken out my $200 and my current bank stands at $1200 plus a little. I have had 233 bets at 31% strike rate , av. div $4.77with longest run of outs = 11.
All bets can be placed at one time and recalculated at end of day if so desired.
Just my $1200 worth.
I must mention my bets are now up to $21 and today two winners at $11.71 and $1.85 helped boost things considerably.
Kearsey

Last edited by kearsey : 26th May 2005 at 08:37 PM. Reason: more info
Old 26th May 2005, 11:42 PM

I totaly agree on the above plan...i would add one thing....when you get a profit spit the profit in 3 add 1 portion to betting bank 1 portion to savings bank and a portion to your pocket.
Old 27th May 2005, 07:48 PM

Wink

XPT Driver,

Just curious I have found the 9/4 Staking Plan and it becomes quite aggressive.

I was wondering if you follow it to the letter and all the way to the 11th loser if that happens?

The plan I found went as follows: 2-2-2-3-4-5-6-12-17-24-36. 2 units being your initial wager.
Old 28th May 2005, 01:23 AM

Hi Top Rank,
The idea is to start at the beginning if one has 5 outs in a row .
One only continues in the betting if the winner pays less than 9/4
Old 28th May 2005, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Rank
XPT Driver,

Just curious I have found the 9/4 Staking Plan and it becomes quite aggressive.

I was wondering if you follow it to the letter and all the way to the 11th loser if that happens?

The plan I found went as follows: 2-2-2-3-4-5-6-12-17-24-36. 2 units being your initial wager.

Gday top

yeah I do follow it to the death.. maybe a bit too lemming like.. but using 10$ units the last bet becomes 360$.. A couple of times the 360 bet has returned 7$+ winners so everything turns out ok, but other times.. not so good.. I like it, with a decent bank it doesn't get too heart stopping, with my top raters I am hoping not to wipe the bank out, it was more or less an experiment to see how the top raters were going and how to turn them into a profit.. as to what happens after the last bet of the series, I return to a 2unit bet and rule a line, maybe the way to go would be to reverse back down the staking list? Now that could become heart attack material I dunno.. quite a few times the 36 unit bet loses and the very next one wins, which is very frustrating, but thats the punt.. I should point out that the object of the planis to find a winner at 9/4 and return to the 2 unite bet.. anywhere in the series a 9/4 winner puts you in breakeven/profit territory for that series of bets.. As of today, the last 423 bets have returned a profit of over 6K from an initial bank of 2.3K .. I picked that level of bank to allow for 2 series without a winner.. Ofcourse a Unit can be any figure you so choose.. at flat stakes those selection returned a loss of just over 4%, so it does say something for the plan..

I would NOT reccommend that plan to
1: People with weak hearts
2: People with a small bank

I feel that if your selections prove to be close enough to break even that plan is a as good as any I know of, but if they are badly losing selections, that plan will send you broke..

my preferred and main betting method is as ever taking the overs from my top 4 or 5... I find this to be the best method for me..

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 28th May 2005, 03:13 PM

XPT/Bhagwan,

Thank you for those replies. I am certainly interested as I have a method by the sounds of it quite close to yours in S/R and return and have been looking for something to turn it into profit. And you are telling me you have been to the death (36 unit bet and lost - returned to the 2 unit bet) and are still showing a profit.

That sounds promising, you just need the "steel balls" to go on with it.

Thank you for the info.
Old 28th May 2005, 05:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearsey
I have been using quite succesfully the simple 2% of highest Bank plan.
Very safe if using any method that realises level stakes profit.
For example one of my methods I started with $200 bank @2% = $4 in December last year. I have since traken out my $200 and my current bank stands at $1200 plus a little. I have had 233 bets at 31% strike rate , av. div $4.77with longest run of outs = 11.

Holy moly Kearsey!
You are getting 'em at nearly 4 to 1 and the are winning at the rate of about 2 to 1.
The worst staking plan in the world couldn't turn that into a loss!
Old 28th May 2005, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Rank
XPT/Bhagwan,

Thank you for those replies. I am certainly interested as I have a method by the sounds of it quite close to yours in S/R and return and have been looking for something to turn it into profit. And you are telling me you have been to the death (36 unit bet and lost - returned to the 2 unit bet) and are still showing a profit.

That sounds promising, you just need the "steel balls" to go on with it.

Thank you for the info.

Gday top

nah not steel balls, just confidence in your selections will eventually find the winner you need.. and a bank that can withstand the losses.. Or alternatively you can apply the brake that Bhagwan mentions, it seems to make a lot of sense... As I wrote earlier this bank is an experiment of trying to turn my marginally losing top rating selections, into a profit and so far so good.. I might run it to 1000 bets or so and see how it ends up Today we jagged some nice winners but they were relatively small bets.. 2 winners at just shy of 20$ and a couple about 10$.. today was an even staking profit day with a couple of races left at toowoomba to run.. so wasn't a bad day at all, not a high strike rate day, but the divs were good.. that is what I mean by having confidence that the good winners will come.. if we don't have that confidence, we may as well give it away.. Good luck with whatever you choose to do..

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 29th May 2005, 12:24 PM

Here is another plan if one wants to ride with the wild ponys.
The idea is to jag a winner at approx. 2/1 (3.00) within 6 bets.Otherwise no bet that race.
1-1-2-4-8-16=32 units.
Have about 8 banks of 32 = 256 units.
If the 16 unit bet looses , start at the beginning again.

I have tried this on the RadioTAB 1st. selections paying $3.00+ & it has managed to show a profit over 300 races supprisingly enough.
Maybe this is an anomily, but check it out on your own selections.

The important bit is , the selection has to be $3.00+ otherwise no bet that race ,there are plenty of other races to have a go at.

You will be supprised how many of those shorter priced runners get rolled.