Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th March 2010, 01:58 PM

Default Gear changes

Hi all, I've been a bit quiet on here lately, a bit too much other stuff going on around at present. However yesterday I had a few bets and one of them got me thinking.

I backed Bart Cummings horse in the Australian Guineas Rock Classic, paid the very good odds of $18 with top fluc. I picked it from its previous run at Rosehill 3 weeks prior, raced very prominent but very eratically and still managed to win in good times. I didnt notice prior to the race yesterday that Bart put "blinkers on again, lugging bit off first time, norton bit on first time, ************s off first time".

Does anyone happen to record or follow horses trained by a trainer of Bart's calibre with gear changes going into its next start..?

Just a thought,

Paul
Old 14th March 2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls123

Does anyone happen to record or follow horses trained by a trainer of Bart's calibre with gear changes going into its next start..?

Just a thought,

Paul
Yes I did for a while, but unless you know what's in the trainers mind, it all evens out in the end.
Since it's impossible to say what would've happened if certain actions were NOT taken I'd say this is just another variable we can do without.

Many times the horse is just not good enough and the trainer experiments without a clue.

Now to contradict myself, if a horse has run close many times without additional gear, and suddenly wins with some gear, I'd be careful backing it when the gear is removed!

Good luck

Ps. I listened to Bart explaining too, but I have the feeling it was just smoke screen, the horse had a better than good chance anyway.

Last edited by lomaca : 14th March 2010 at 03:41 PM.