Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th August 2006, 07:08 AM
Banned

Default the big argument!!!

i have a few mates who continually have a go at me backing exactas and not quinellas, they always yell loudest when they get a divie close to mine or i have the reverse result(grrr). i would love to see what others think?
i sometimes back my bet up with an any 2 (duo) if i bet large.
thanks members
Old 4th August 2006, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooburger
i have a few mates who continually have a go at me backing exactas and not quinellas, they always yell loudest when they get a divie close to mine or i have the reverse result(grrr). i would love to see what others think?
i sometimes back my bet up with an any 2 (duo) if i bet large.
thanks members
Exacta's are my fav bet

Usually go 1 selection to win with 3 for second. With my harness bets have a S/R of 17.8% but a POT of 25.6%

Regardless of bet type, I say good luck to anyone who makes a profit !
Old 4th August 2006, 08:20 AM

I guess one has to do the figures over say 150 past results.

Generally the exacta has to pay more than double to that of a quinella to justify betting them , because one is betting double for the same coverage as a quinella bet,e.g. 1 & 2 in any order, if it comes out the same or less to outlay percentage wise , one may as well bet the quinellas instead of exactas .

One would have to the sample over say 150 bets to get a realistic answer to that question.

I feel Exactas come into their own if one has a stand-out to win with say 1 or 2 others to place 2nd , but then it boils down to SR of ones first selection which is not easy.

If one has a look at some past results , the majority of exactas pay less than double to that of Quinellas , one will see the odd Exacta paying huge overs , this may be in favour of ones 150 race sample & it maybe not.

I personally feel the overs will not be great enough to make up for all the under value results. But I hope for everyone's sake that I am wrong.

Cheers.
Old 4th August 2006, 09:55 AM

Default Exacta

Hi1
Just remember that when the fav. and a real long shot comprises the quinella-exacta, (the fav winning) then the quinella is by at least 80% more profitable than the exacta. This is a FACT and anyone can look it up.
So, if you select your runners and one of them is a long shot, play the quinella.
recent example I had: Murray Bridge 02/08/06 race 4. Quinellea $127.10 exacta $132.80
Old 4th August 2006, 05:28 PM

Default exacta div. out of whack

The reason for the poor div. for the exacta, when the fav. comes first and a long shot second is the same as the reason for the poor div. for the trifectas in general. I remember decent tri. dividents only a few years back, these days I could'nt be bothered with betting trifectas.
Simply, too many people put the fav. in with the field.
If you really must include the field in your exacta, then put the field for first and the fav. for sec. or bet quinella.
Good luck
Old 4th August 2006, 07:15 PM
Banned

Wink

thanks people, and good to see big B still hitting the boards. a real stayer.
i'm going to do some serious research thanks to a few pointers mentioned.
any more would be appreciated.
thanks