Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd December 2004, 09:53 PM

Cool question for you guys

where do you get your speed and weight ratings from.
cheers and a merry xmas to you all.
Old 23rd December 2004, 10:07 PM

I get my speed ratings by calculating them myself - whether they are better than some you may buy is arguable but I am sure the process of calculating them is more satisfying than forking out bucks to someone else!
Old 23rd December 2004, 10:41 PM

Talking

ok sorry if you dont get them from other source can you tell me what mechanics you use to calculate your speed ratings.thanx
Old 25th December 2004, 08:32 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro
I get my speed ratings by calculating them myself - whether they are better than some you may buy is arguable but I am sure the process of calculating them is more satisfying than forking out bucks to someone else!

Merry Christmas to all

I have purchased a few different books on creating your own speed and pace ratings but most dont work down here for lack of info, may i ask what model do you use to create your own ratings speed or pace ratings.

thanx
Old 5th January 2005, 12:07 AM

Thumbs up

ZORRO

If you dont want to post a response to my askings feel free to email me
giuseppemoncada@hotmail.com

Cheers
Old 5th January 2005, 07:05 PM

Default System

When I do weight based ratings I use either ozeform ratigs or the ones on the tamanian tote site, both are quite good. Obviously which run you choose as your base rating will make or break you. I was comparing both ratings for several horses the other day and while there is a direct correlation between both, there does appear to be some differences for some ratings. For example a runners ratings might be something like this for its last five starts:

Ozeform Tasmanian tote

54 580
52 560
49 525
55 610
46 415

As you can see the last rating is the lowest in both but the proportioning is different compared to the others. Any coments welcome>
Old 5th January 2005, 08:50 PM

DIY,

i've been experimenting with the sportscolour sectionals for a few months now; atm i'm adding an early pace rating into the mix as well as the closing sectionals.
Old 6th January 2005, 12:29 AM

dr ron this is where im having prob diffrent sites diffrent ratings and which 1 to use, should i use last start horse had in the class it racing today e.g class 6 and todays race class 6.
but most important what are these sites using to create there ratings.are they all using same critera.
Old 6th January 2005, 09:06 AM

Cool

System,

I guess the only way to find out how they create their ratings or who they get them from is to ask them. Whether they give you an answer or not , I dont Know. As you can see from the example I gave, there are some classes of race where they use either a different figure or they start with a base figure for that class and add or subtract a point or two depending on how strong or weak the race is, this is where things would start getting complicated, if doing your own ratings. All you could do is look at a race and the horses in it, see whether those horses rated in future events and then decide whether the race in question was a strong or weak one. Thatis why I use the free ratings given by some websites. Each provider of ratings will say there the most accurate but I guessits just trial and error.

I use the most recent run that compares to todays run. But by this mean distance and going, and if its in the same class then thats a bonus. Once againit comes down to which factorsyou rate more importantly, thats why if everyone on this forum produced a set of ratings and prices for the same race, I doubt whether any two would be identical.

You would get some horses with the same rating but not all.

Last edited by DR RON : 6th January 2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old 6th January 2005, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR RON
When I do weight based ratings I use either ozeform ratigs or the ones on the tamanian tote site, both are quite good.

With the Tas Tab ones, I assume you could slip in a decimal point before the last number and that would give a closer equivalent to the ozeform ratings. ie. 505 = 50.5

Perhaps the Ozeform ratings could be slightly more accurate, but with the Tas tab ratings, I like the fact that you can get all horses in the race on the one page, instead of having to do a search on every horse individually. By the way, what do the * and ? next to the ratings mean?

Last edited by Sportz : 6th January 2005 at 10:49 AM.