Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th February 2011, 05:56 PM
Suspended.

Exclamation Please Help - Money Factory Staking Knowledge

Hi, I am currently using the Money Factory staking plan with the Market Forces strategy and sometimes you get to a stage where you get past 10 races and sometime 20 without a profitble series being met.

What I am trying to workout which is not clear in the Market Force book is if I add 5 to the divisor after the 10th race and then after the 20th race where a profit has not been achieved in any given series? Does this make sense?

The book mentions adding 5 to the divisor after 10 losing races however no mention after another 10.

From my knowledge you would add 5 to the divisor after each sequence of 10 races and a profit not being met as the bank would blow almost everytime you go over 10 races without a profit being achieved.

Can anyone clarify that knows about this staking plan? or has had experience using it for the same purpose?

I do all the calcs manually by the way and not use the software.

Appreciate your help and thanks!
Old 25th February 2011, 09:23 PM

I have heard of it before and understand its a martingale system. People will tell you matingale systems are terrible BUT there is nothing wrong with if you know what your doing ... I can hear the cries of others already.

So without this turning into a soap opera on why/why not to use it I will just answer your question.

Yes you would increase it after every series of 10 losing bets. Its a safety mechanism to stop the bets getting too big.

Personally I shudder at the thought of 20 losing races in a row and would never use a martingale system on anything like that. Actually I no longer use martingale at all, not because it doesn't work but because eventually I just can't get that much money onto bets. Its great if you are betting $1 - $2 bets as the inital stake but is useless when your starting bet is $100+.

I have used martingale betting in the past with success. You need to bet with multiple banks and expect a wipeout 3-4 times a year. The only thing is you need to recover those 4 bank wipeouts in the good times which can be done if you are betting a good system (assuming its near breakeven or in profit on level stakes).

I think martingales are dangerous for 95% of punters ... but then punting is dangerous for 95% of punters too. I think its like trading forex or options without ever having traded stocks (and being profitable).

Damn I turned this post into my own soap opera.

Last edited by wesmip1 : 25th February 2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 26th February 2011, 10:22 AM
Suspended.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. It's not martingale. It's the five point divisor plan I think it's called or money factory it's named.

It's add five to the divisor after 10 races where you have not made a profit on the series however the series can drag on where you still have not made a profit even after 20 bets however what I don't really know and is not explained in the book is if another 5 is added after a second set of 10 bets where a profit has not been achieved.

Can anyone clarify any further who may use this staking plan at all ie money factory 5 point divisor plan?
Old 26th February 2011, 02:42 PM
Banned

Smile

Why not give the author (or Gary) a ring .
Cheers
darky
Old 26th February 2011, 10:12 PM

What does one do to the divisor if say a 3/1 shot wins a race but still does not put us in front?
Old 27th February 2011, 11:29 AM

Is there a reason why you don't ask the author.

Is it a Pirate copy?
Old 27th February 2011, 01:29 PM
Suspended.

No got the original book which I payed full price for. They seem to be a little busy to go through these thingds sometimes but I got the clarification I needed on this.

Still would like to hear what others experience is that use this plan.
Old 28th February 2011, 05:30 AM

Coming back to the original question, that's been left unanswered.

What does one do to the divisor if say a 3/1 shot wins a race but still does not put us in front?
Old 28th February 2011, 08:20 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan

You subtract the Odds from the divisor.
If , as in your 3/1 Winner, which is a $4 winner, you subtract 3 from the divisor.
If the divisor were 5, then the new divisor will be 2
Old 28th February 2011, 08:53 PM
Banned

Smile

My thinking would be that one would add a new 5 to any remaining divisor whenever a profit is not made in any 10 bet sequence.
i.e 10 bets havent cleared the target add a new 5 .
1st 10 bets havent cleared the target add another 5 .
If at 30 bets still havent cleared the original target add another 5.

The main thing with Target betting is that the bank should be 40 times the amount you want to win over 10 bets.
i.e Target over 10 bets = $100 /Bank required $4000

Cheers
darky