Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd April 2007, 01:34 PM

Default Online betting facilitys

Hi All,

I have now arrived at a crosroads where I think that my next biggest improvement will be to obtain the best price possible. I used to bet single TAB and have since upgraded to Sporting bet. I find that the Maxdivs are a great improvement as they offer best of all totes and bet of SP. The problem Im having is that country races are offered at best between a TAB of your choice and SP still better but often I get caught selecting the best priced TAB and then getting the lowest price.

Would some of you like to comment on your strategy and betting options that provide the best value most of the time. I realise that to be sucessfull it will require opening a few accounts and shoping for the best price. Still the extra work is important as a recent example showed, the difference between prices on a horse that won was $11 between the totes. I still lay out the same money so getting a price that is $11 higher then the rest certainly means I will be a long way infront. But that is whole dollars most time the edge will be 50c or something like that still over the long term this has the capacity to greatly increase your profit.

I realise that Betfair is often a good alternative for the longer priced horses as some people offer obscene prices to get a match.
Other times it is very conservative.

All observations are welcome, the more detail the better.

Michal
Old 23rd April 2007, 07:09 PM

Hi Michal
IAS offers maxie div not sure how that stacks up
Betezy offers best of two tabs NSW & S/Tab
your best bet is to look at the bookmakers web sites and read the fine print.

chears
Old 23rd April 2007, 07:51 PM

i use IAS Superprice occaisonally and tends to be ok.
i havent compared it to Sportingbet Maxidiv......perhaps i should.
if i cant get set on IAS fixed for something nicely above supertab likely tote price, il revert to IAS SP and take the chance that it'll be even with, or slightly higher than tab odds. its the way i bet, so i am restricted somewhat...i bet late, and in comparison to tab prices.
i find across the board i can get +7% more often than not, sometimes 15%, if doing real well can get 30% extra. occaisonally i make the wrong call and end up with tab odds (or fix at less than what tab offers at the jump), but this is rare.

dont really have many other choices i think apart from betfair. but...i cant use Betfair as am in WA (the richest, yet most nannied backward state in the world). my life would be far simpler if i could, and would suggest this is your answer really.
so anyway..i havent really offered many great options....but i have at least motivated myself to sort out a wa tab account (sometimes the fixed price is substantially higher), and a sportingbet account...so thanks.
Old 23rd April 2007, 08:18 PM

A lot of it HOW you bet, i.e. if you bet to prices then you are looking fairly late on for your minimum.

But there are bookies who will accept a wager with a minimum price stipulation i.e. you get at least your minimum or NO BET.

In my case all my bets are on well b4 the race, so I want the best price I can get under those circumstances, so how I see it is this , if my selection is quoted @ less than 4-1 (iether a reiable Forcast or rated prices always sticking to the same source,) I bet at Top Flucuation Sportsbet (Metro,) or IAS,

If quoted @ 4-1 or above I take Maxi -Divi (best of totes or SP)

thats all for win bets, now if backing for the place, its a whole different ball game.
Old 24th April 2007, 07:25 AM
Suspended.

IAS is the way to go I think and it's worth checking their betting options for what personaly suits you. Betezy is OK if you don't win too often [natorious for closing winning accounts].

Top ******. can be a bit of a furphy as IAS [and others] have runners who knock down prices before official Top fluc, by betting down any horse that has attracted money [if the horse wins they win even more!].

Betfair is a dead loss unless you like sitting at a PC screen [Saterdays are too short for that].
Old 24th April 2007, 07:52 AM
Beagle

IAS is ok but you have to wait too long for them to post their dividends. They can be up to 20 minutes behind the TAB.
Old 24th April 2007, 11:29 AM

Why you would have a bet at best of NSW & Supertab, when you can have best of THREE totes or SP, beats me?????
Old 26th April 2007, 05:49 PM

Lightbulb

I bet Best Fluc Sportingbet or IAS for anything less than $3 in NSW/Vic and Maxi Div for anything above $3. Both SB and IAS show approximates for Maxi Div and IAS Super Pice so you can get some idea if the fixed price on offer is better. I find Maxi Div better than Super Price on most occasions.
Old 26th April 2007, 10:24 PM

Thanks all for your suggestions
Old 26th April 2007, 11:33 PM

Angry

Hi Michal.

Obviously you are not happy with the exact same question on another forum??????? Same answers ??????

enjay