Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th December 2008, 10:12 PM
Suspended invalid e-mail address

Default CrazyBadger's testing...stats for your systems!

So as not to hijack the other thread where I was doing tests of systems for people I thought I would start a new one and people could request stats for various systems.

My current application (written by myself) is limited in some areas so I wont be able to do everything you want. On that note feel free to point out what sort of things would be good to test...I've got a bit of time off coming up and was thinking of getting back into my code and making it much more flexible.

Anyway so here are the criteria you can specify:
Runners: min and max
Trackcondition: Fast, Good, Dead, Slow/Soft, Heavy (or any combination)
Distance: min and max
RadioTabTips: you can say it MUST be in the top X of the Tips, or that it MUST NOT be in the top X of the tips (where x is the number you select), or ignore TabTips altogether
TabLatemail: must be the latemail tip, must not be latemail tip, or ignore latemail tip
Barrier: min and max
Weight: min and max
Win Price: min and max
Plc Price: min and max
Saddlecloth number: min and max
Form: can say whether it MUST have a certain form (C,D,T,W) or whether it MUST NOT...sorry but at this stage can't do "or" (e.g. cant say "C or D")
Last 3 starts: can say whether it must have placed, won, or rested within its last X starts (where X can be 1,2, or 3...0 will ignore L3S data)
Rating: min and max

Most of these values are defaulted so that all runners are included. Especially the min/max variables E.g. distance I default to be a min of 1m and a max of 100000m unless I have a theory with a specific distance range in mind.

So does anyone have any systems using those variables that they want tested? I have data for Jan 2007 to Oct 2008 so just list which specific variables you want to tweak and I will have a crack!
Old 5th December 2008, 10:28 PM

Wink

Crazybadger, that's a lot of info there.

Is it possible to include in the future whether a horse in today's race is going up or down in both class and weight from last start, and also Win and Place strike rates, or do these stats cause difficulties in gathering and processing this info?

Thanks.
Michael.

Last edited by michaelg : 5th December 2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 6th December 2008, 06:40 AM

I am trying to work a system around numbers 1-4 in handicaps, would be helpful if I could obtain strike rates and ave dividends, also 5 etc if 1-4 did not start
Thanking you
Ian
Old 7th December 2008, 09:45 AM

crazybadger,

just thought I would help you out with a few things.

I notice you are getting all your info from unitab. If you intend to increase the amount of info you have DO NOT use the free form provided by unitab (where they list the 3 runs) as it is wrong about 20% of the time. Best to use somewhere else although I can't mention the names of the sites here.

As far as systems ... from memory an old system I had based on the unitab info was horses riding on the same jockey at the same track within 7 days that are rated 100 you should do ok. Can't remember if I also included that it must be a last start winner ...

Anyway good luck with it.

Good Luck.
Old 7th December 2008, 12:27 PM
Banned

wesmip1, when you say unitab is wrong abt 20% of the time, your re referring to the info provided for the last 3 runs?

that is an appalling situation if what you say is correct
Old 7th December 2008, 03:55 PM

Yes I mean the last 3 start form when you login. Well when I say wrong the two biggest issues are:

1) It only includes races that were on unitab
2) If a horse has run less then 7 days ago its latest run is usually not there.

Yes it is appalling. But providing form is not really their main objective.

Good Luck.
Old 8th December 2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulla
I am trying to work a system around numbers 1-4 in handicaps, would be helpful if I could obtain strike rates and ave dividends, also 5 etc if 1-4 did not start
Thanking you
Ian

Sorry mate I don't have race types (handicap etc) in current solution so I cant really do much for you there. I can give you stats on just the numbers 1-4 for all races though if that helps...

Selections: 98069
1st: 12927 (13.18%)
2nd: 11824 (12.06%)
3rd: 11005 (11.22%)
Not Placed: 62313 (63.54%)
Avg Win Price (of all horses): 16.88
Avg Win Price (just winners): 6.25
Avg Plc Price (of all horses): 3.92
Old 8th December 2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmip1
Yes I mean the last 3 start form when you login. Well when I say wrong the two biggest issues are:

Good Luck.

Thats not good. Initially my program started as something more of a joke but has slowly grown too much. I should have chosen a better source at the time.
Luckily in a few months when I move to my new solution I will be using a much more reliable website for data (and getting a lot more data) as well as storing the BF prices etc to make for comparison against TAB dividends.
Old 8th December 2008, 08:49 PM
Banned

i am a bit surprised there been little comment regards wesmips statements about unitabs form, or lack of

can only speak for my local region, but the clubs & pubs etc in the NT are filled with those info machines that provide fields, prices, form etc, basically the same info available on the website, used them many times myself whilst having a beer & a bet to check on a nags last run...or so i thought...

will be sending unitab an email to try & clarify what their form guide actually does & doesn't provide & will relate any info i get here.
Old 8th December 2008, 09:36 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmip1

Good Luck.

wesmip1,

I think you should have another look at the Unitab site. I think what you're talking about was the old system they had for displaying form. Yes, it WAS pretty poor. I remember when they used to only list the tab runs, no non-tab runs. But they've been using a new system for a fair while now (must be 3 or 4 years) and it is a big improvement. It certainly lists all runs. For example, I've just had a look at tomorrow's Mackay meeting and when you click on the form, you can see runs in places like Gladstone, Yeppoon, Moranbah, Clermont. None of those would have been on the TAB. And as for recent runs, I'm pretty sure they now list anything up till the last 2 or 3 days. I don't think there'd be anything wrong with using the Unitab website for something like this now.

Last edited by Sportz : 8th December 2008 at 10:03 PM.