Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th July 2005, 05:42 PM

Question Question for the experts

Hey all,
When deciding amounst top contenders in a race as decided by ratings, say i've narrowed it down to top four chances (or so i think) would factors such as previous track, track and distance and track condition in relation to form be a major determining factor in ranking one selection above all others? If so how heavily should i weight these factors?

For example,
One of my four selections has previous track and distance ability (win or place) but also demonstrates form in relation to the prevailing track conditions. Therefore assuming all other criteria are met, how accurate would my selection be if i used this criteria for determining the final selection?Any stats available

I apoligize in advance if this seems a little simple to y'all but as a learner who has yet to spend large amounts of money on a system tester and with limited knowledge to this point i am reliant on the experience otf others.

Thanks

Last edited by iamcool : 4th July 2005 at 05:51 PM.
Old 8th July 2005, 07:14 PM

Probably the guy to help you out but remember your comment.... "you're a complete dick privateer"

Good luck.

Dick
Old 8th July 2005, 07:25 PM

Hello Privateer,

As i remember you were giving Benny an unmerciful time. I was merely sticking up for the poor fella'.

Apologies if you are still mad, feel free to call me a dick anytime.

Sincerely,
iamcool
asst mngr woolies frozen food section
Old 9th July 2005, 06:20 PM

Here is an extension to my previously oversubscribed question that maybe privateer would, if not still cranky, be able to answer.

Last start win, say within 2/3 weeks, in a similar class with a worse track condition rating. e.g last start win on a heavy track, today running on dead/slow in similar company. All other factors constant.

Anybody?

Make any sense or not
Old 9th July 2005, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcool
Last start win, say within 2/3 weeks, in a similar class with a worse track condition rating. e.g last start win on a heavy track, today running on dead/slow in similar company. All other factors constant.

Make any sense or not

Don't think so. Some horses are better on heavy tracks than dead or slow ones. This would mean they are now running at a disadvantage to their previous race.

KV
Old 9th July 2005, 06:48 PM

Thanks KV

I was just wondering if the ability to handle slippery underfoot conditions could be transfered back up the ratings (to slow) in the punters favour. I suppose if it was that easy everyone would be onto it by now!

The dartboard system is looking better everyday with Winter making a mess of the track conditions

Old 17th July 2005, 08:52 AM

Rule #1. NEVER, EVER, EVER risk your money by betting on a rain affected track. Nope, I don't care even if it is Rough Habit in a one horse race on reclaimed swamp land in the middle of a monsoon. "Do not bet when track is wet"
Old 17th July 2005, 11:42 AM

Thumbs down wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer
Rule #1. NEVER, EVER, EVER risk your money by betting on a rain affected track. Nope, I don't care even if it is Rough Habit in a one horse race on reclaimed swamp land in the middle of a monsoon. "Do not bet when track is wet"

apologies in advance, but you are entirely, absolutely WRONG.

the reason why you ask? well the thing is that even when the track is a bog there is still a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place getter, & the best part is they all pay a dividend of one sort or another, strange i know but true!

love a wet track
Old 17th July 2005, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davez
apologies in advance, but you are entirely, absolutely WRONG.

the reason why you ask? well the thing is that even when the track is a bog there is still a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place getter, & the best part is they all pay a dividend of one sort or another, strange i know but true! love a wet track

Agree Davez, it's all a matter of finding the right races and doing the form in a manner that suits the prevailing track conditions - love those wet tracks because it makes it that much easier to find a winner.
Old 17th July 2005, 01:18 PM
Banned

La Mer, i agree 100%, if you look at the right races, because the wet usually eliminates a lot of no hopers and you can find a few more winners that way, but i still wouldnt back anything too short[under $1.60], the same way i wouldnt back anything under $1.40 on a good track.