Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th December 2003, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the Barrier Plan Sportznut.

My contribution is a placegetter plan for busy punters - at work all day and can only usually catch the last races on weekdays.

Very simple rules for easy-of-use:

1. Last races at all venues but not Saturday metro meetings.
2. Must jump as clear favourite on the Queensland TAB.
3. Must be rated 100 on Queensland TAB.
4. Must be one of the three Radio Tab tips on the Queensland TAB.
5. Back to place.

In other words, we back solid favbourites in last races to place. The rationale is that faves pay better in last races to make it worthwhile.

In my trials (200 random Spring/Summer races 2003-2002) this performs well. Total POT of 28% with lots of strikes in a row but few damaging runs of outs.

These are mechanical results. Given that these are the last races you can be fairly leisurely about it and pick your races with more deliberation to get better results.

As usual, apply a "brake" - stop and reassess if three outs in a row.

This and other placegetter systems lend themselves to staking for sequences of strikes, carrying winnings and betting on two-in-a-row, three-in-a-row etc.

Checking this against the Victorian TAB I note that you'll often get better prices for the place in Vict. -- but still follow the favourite and ratings on the TABQ.

Happy punting

Hermes
Old 16th December 2003, 08:10 AM

Hi Hermes.

Not a bad little system it would seem from my limited checking.

I don't know if you have the records to be able to check; but, it seems to me, that it would be worthwhile backing for the place both the 100 raters and the favourite (if different) as long as they are in the Radio TAB's tips. It is quite encouraging to see how often both get up for the place.
Old 16th December 2003, 05:59 PM

Worth a look, merriguy. I don't have a database to work from. I just go back through random results on-line.

I like your suggestion. My rule here is to only use data readily available on the TABQ webpage. The Radio Tab tips are pretty good, all round. Of course you won't win if you back 'em all, but, as tipping polls go, the Radio Tab is pretty darn good.

In races where you don't think the favourite will get up I usually look for the longer priced horses to place. Can pick up $6-7 placegetters.

Any horse rated higher than the favourite is always worth a look. And there might be some reason to think this might be especially worthwhile in last races.

Thanks

Hermes