Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th January 2005, 01:58 AM

Default Programing Help

I know this is not really the place for it but hey...what the hell....i need some help with scripting an automation sequence to open an IE page copy data and then paste it to a text doc close then add to excel...kinda hard to explain here is a page that i found that i think i can use
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...s_wsh_hilv.mspx
Old 29th January 2005, 08:35 AM

Guess you've found this page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../scriptinga.asp

I'd never even heard of Windows Script Host till now. Looks interesting for bulk downloading.
Old 31st January 2005, 10:17 AM

Just so i understand this.....we can't provide information to competitors sites....but if we have imformation to share we can't even provide e-mail links.....you have disabled the private message section so we can't even use that.....i do understand the nature of protecting the customer but this is a friggen joke
Old 31st January 2005, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Shaun,
Posting e-mail links in a public forum can always lead to problems.
We don't think it's a good idea, but we don't normally stop e-mail links provided our forum is not being used to obtain e-mails from people who are then marketed with a commercial product, a ********, or taken to competitor sites etc.
There have been plenty of instances in the past where we have found site owners, scammers etc. offering something "free" by e-mail in order to promote their site and/or their products.
Our company has spent many thousands of dollars on this forum in recent months, and we are continuing to spend money. We need to recoup those expenses.
I'm sure you'll agree that is not really fair on us nor our paying advertisers for others to piggy back on the work we have done on this forum to obtain free advertising.
If someone wants to market a product or promote a competitor site, directly, or via e-mail contact then they need to contact us and come to a commercial arrangement.
Management.

Last edited by Management : 31st January 2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old 31st January 2005, 05:25 PM

This post was to provide us with nothing more than programing information...the fact this information was stored on another punting forum is just unfortunate, are you affraid of competition.
The best way to beat competition is to become better than them not to try and restrict the users that you do have from seeking out the best information available, i consider myself a long time forum member who has looked at many other forums but did consider this one of the best because of the quality of information that is here to view and use.
Lately thought things have changed somwhat because of the restrictions that have been placed on us, i understand that you need to keep advertisers happy but let me say this....when the users have gone from this forum because of the restrictions your advertisers will be less happy and you will not have them.
Microsoft is trying to dominate the market with thier software by placing lots of restrictions on users....more and more people are now walking away from thier products and program developers know this and are engineering thier programs to work on other platforms...i am not trying to tell you what you can and can't do but people will walk away when they are not happy.
Old 31st January 2005, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Your opinion is valued Shaun. We will certainly discuss it.

The board is www.punterslounge.com
The introduction to the course is here :
http://www.punterslounge.com/showthread.php?t=7240

Management.
Old 31st January 2005, 07:18 PM

Default Thanks Shaun

As you know I joined the forum that you emailed me about.

You have seen the post where I gave a site where fixed place odds are available, and in that post I asked the question to management that I hope I wasn't breaking forum rules.

To my absolute suprise Management posted back.

"WELCOME TO THE FORUM, EVEN THOUGH WE ARE A COMMERCIAL OPERATION WE WILL ALLOW POSTS IN RELATION TO LINKS TO OTHER SITES, EVEN BOOKMAKER SITES EVEN THOUGH THEY MAY BE IN COMPETITION WITH US.

"AS LONG AS IT IS A BENEFIT TO THE FORUM USERS"

Very refreshing.
Old 31st January 2005, 07:22 PM
Banned

Default very nice

A very nice turnaround.

If registration is turned on its just a matter of creating a username and you are in. Most times its open even without registration. Read the top/first post of the registration thread to know what its about and if its for you.

You only need to go there to read/get/print the lessons. If anyone descides to do the course I'll gladly answer questions here, makes no difference to me if i post there or here to support people. If thats ok with management.
Old 31st January 2005, 07:28 PM
Administrator

That's fine.
Guy West,
Managing Director, OZmium Pty. Ltd.