Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th November 2003, 05:28 PM

I've heard of, and even concocted a few systems using Tipsters Polls as the base for selections. Frustratingly after a large number of bets the end result always seems to hover around break even. I know this could probably be improved slightly using top fluc (or whatever) but was wondering if any forum members have followed and recorded "Late Mail" rather than the polls, just wondered if theres an edge there??
Old 9th November 2003, 10:25 PM

last two weeks back, i watched this poll. with the radio and the tipsters, and the late mail, looking back the late mail came in last.then picking the first from radio and if tipster had the same, took his 2nd fav.2-selections but in the end -break even,r.hickson & s.templeton seemed the best - but again break even. i tried someones system just recently on this forum and last sat from melb-syd-doom picked 10 races and returned $24.90 win & $11.80 place, so will watch that one for a bit (paper only),my of been a one week wonder!!
Old 10th November 2003, 01:02 PM

Hi Partypooper,

My race database captures the late mail selection in each race so I can tell you that for NSW, VIC, QLD, SA Metro races from 1/1/02 the late mail selection had a 24% strike rate and a return of -9.1% using the best of NSW TAB and SP.
Old 10th November 2003, 01:36 PM

Osulldj,

That's not too bad at all considering.

With a little tweaking I'm sure a profit could be extracted.

Could you tell me where this Late Mail info can be obtained?

I'd love to add it to my database as well.
Old 10th November 2003, 02:15 PM

Hi CP,

you can scrape the late mail info off the Qld TAB website, at http://www.tabonline.com.au

I'm not sure if the late mail in Qld is the same as the late mail elsewhere. I'm not really sure where the late mail comes from, but I seem to have an idea that the bookies provide the late mail tips.. Anyone know for sure?

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 10th November 2003, 05:03 PM

Sorry to be a cynic, but my bet is that some "expert" pulls them out of his ....
Old 10th November 2003, 06:47 PM

Osulji, thanks for the stats, most helpful, do you think that if being more selective, types of races etc etc, a better result could be achieved?

Mark, point taken, but then it makes you think that if the people in the industry with a hell of a lot of contacts and know how, that we will never have, can only manage to break even at best, where does that leave the rest of us???? I mean seems to me a lot of people should be writing for a position in the media if they can do so much better (present company excepted of course) But as Chrome says maybe with some tweaking some interesting results may be achieved.
Old 10th November 2003, 06:52 PM

i,m with you mark (i may be a cynic but i can just imagine a pimply little prick in the marketing department at a brainstorming session saying 'how about late mail tips to keep punters tuned in ) tragic says 'the more you lose the more you grasp at staws'
Old 10th November 2003, 07:01 PM

partypooper. seems to me tipsters tip because they have to not because they want to .if you want to have a good laugh write down a tipsters tips for a meeting have $50 bucks on each tip and at the end of the day you'll ******** yourself laughing.
Old 10th November 2003, 07:02 PM

Tragic, I'm sure ALL of the major publications will employ anyone at the drop of a hat that can turn a profit consistently on the punt!!!! (and at a great package as well)