Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 19th January 2010, 02:47 PM

Exclamation Have the rules changed?

Has there been a change in racing or has the increase in computers just changed the results? Has the increased access to computing power made the sure things much more surer or accessible and destroyed the value?

I have recently purchased Bet Selector. With it came 107 free systems. Great or so I thought. I got the data base to Oct 2007 and downloaded the TAB files. And tested. All systems together showed a loss on turnover. So i tested individually.

Some i noticed had good results for 2009 but over 27 months bombed out. I kept these. One gave excellent place results, two have good consistent first four results and one gave good exacta and trifecta values.

All in only 31 systems survived the cut. Only 27 that you would put win bets on. All 27 combined give a 12% POT (I tested the 31 plus 2 that i culled later and adjusted)

So that means that 76 systems with were viable at inception and remained so for some time are no longer viable. I am only going to shelf them for now.

The question remains "Why are they no longer viable?" Is it cyclic? 5 of the saved systems had good 2009 season and disasterous 2008. If I had not noticed the trend they too would be shelved.

Is it because the selections are the obvious selection and overbet. Is this more people betting or the same people betting more because their banks have risen? Which brings the question about the validity of the results.

The program does not allow for the effect of a real bet being placed. What is the effect to the POT if $10 bets are placed (not much) but what if $100 bets are placed or even $1000 bets (10 people betting $100). This would substancially alter the POT

The effect could really be seen in the first four result. 20/10/2007 MR9 #15 is accredited with a $112388 first four divvy. The divvy was picked up by 2 systems. This makes a 80% POT. If these two systems were on then the divvy would have been altered.

The moral is that just because you have a system that worked and maybe still works, it may not be working now or it may not work tomorrow.

Regards Beton
Old 19th January 2010, 03:58 PM
Banned

Default Hi Beton

As some would know My late mother was One of the best female punters in Australia.
Although she was a TRACK punter her method can Still be used through any online bookmaker service and is simplicity itself.
The method itself is based on pure logic and NOT based on computer generated backtracking past results
Is based on STANDOUT bets And FIXED price betting.

If I can get this computer operating correctly (Ive got a brain tumour-I,ve always been a dill but this condition doesnt help Ho Ho)I will send it off to you.

Re computer wise The damn thing wont send but we live in hope.Maybe this time it will work.

Cheers Darcy
Old 19th January 2010, 06:14 PM
Suspended

That will make it 108 Free Systems.

Why not get a REAL Job?
Go to work, come home get paid.
It works for me.

If your in it for the interest or hobby or pleasure, then make your own system.
I find vey little satisfaction using someone elses system, but derive great pleasure in trying to come up with my own.
Old 19th January 2010, 07:05 PM

I think you will find that the foundation is somewhat flawed.
Many of the parameters are designed to snag profitable results, thus forward testing they fall over.
It is not a critcism of the product, but rather the way in which it has been used.
The other problem is that many of the systems are based on very small sample sizes.
I would suggest you research angles which snag winners rather than prices and then concentrate on getting the best price you possibly can.
As an example, my main method loses at tote prices and SP, breaks even at top fluctuation, and is very skinny profit at top tote or best SP/tote.
I'm sitting on 15% POT after commission using betfair.
Price is crucial in my opinion.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/05/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 19th January 2010, 07:13 PM

moeee
You are judging without knowledge. I have worked and i do work and will continue to do. I have spent my entire life with my head down and ******** up. I can no longer physically pursue my career and the alternatives that I am doing are too erratic. The credit fiasco is a problem in some areas. One has to start somewhere and this is where I have started. Once I have learnt the basics then I will apply them into my own systems. The extra two systems tested were my own systems that worked great for 4 months but not long term. I posted this thread inform other newbies that they have to check the systems out themselves before using them and anyone that is running on autopilot with their systems should also check the viability. I am not complaining, I felt that I had something to contribute. Each and every one of the systems that I have chosen to use will still require tweaking in one form or another.
Chrome Prince I can appreciate your comments. These 27 systems produced 4190 win bets for 1070 wins and $506 profit. I will lose at least 200 more losing bets by tweaking for little loss of winners. A 10 cent gain in divvy is a 20% gain in profit. Once I consolidate where I am going and the strategy then I shall start looking at the likes of Betfair. One step at a time. Regards Beton

Last edited by beton : 19th January 2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:32 AM

What I have found using multiple systems is that its a strong idea to try & achieve around 24%SR on a fairly consistent basis.

This help reduce the long runs of outs.

Another thing that helped a lot, in weeding out poor value payers that barely break even ,is to delete all selections that have a price that's less than $3.20 in the pre-post market.
They tend to be over bet.
Ones SR will become lower but the POT generally increases.

If using multiple systems , try not to double up on bets where they are mentioned 2+ times amongst the other systems.
Just because they are mentioned twice does not mean they have twice as much chance of winning.

I had GTX which has its own pre-post market similar to the newspapers & It was able to filter prices accordingly.

I know that it can be frustrating at times where something suddenly does not work as well as it used to.

Apart from the runs of outs, its the lower values that kill us in the end ,so using above angles helped to get closer to making profit.

I feel your frustration my friend