Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st June 2006, 08:48 PM

Default Disallowed words

Please note:

If the forum software does not allow the name of an internet site or business to be posted please respect the decision of the owners of this forum.

There are many reasons why this may be the case - for example there may have been an organised attempt to heavily promote/advertise a competitor internet site or business for free on this forum.

Apart from making free, unsolicited use of this site's high search engine rankings to gain free advertising, it also discourages and is certainly not fair to other businesses which pay for advertising on our internet sites.

If you believe a word is mistakenly not allowed by the forum software, you are welcome to contact webmaster at ozmium dot com dot au

Please do not attempt to find other ways of spelling and posting that disallowed word here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Moderator.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 1st June 2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 1st June 2006, 09:22 PM
Banned

look guys no matter what words you ban, people will always say what they want to by "finding other ways of spelling." Its the way of life in a forum
Old 1st June 2006, 09:51 PM

Moderator...

I am well aware that this is your commercial site, and you can do as you see fit... but having said that, not that long a go, the word HORSE was even censored on this site... This i am not kidding about... A punting site that did not allow the word horse... that was when your Big brother software lost all semblance of credibility.. IMHO, you take your big brother editting just a wee bit too far... nah hang on, it's way over the top... But hey it's your site...

My 2 bobs worth

xptdriver@hotmail.com
Old 1st June 2006, 10:10 PM
Banned

Doesnt make sense to ban the mention of websites that arent the direct competition of the sites that advertise here..
Fair enough that sportingbet advertise here and you wouldnt want the free mention of others.
But is there another form guide type service that advertise on here ?? i havent seen one,,,i could be mistaken...

If there isnt then you'd think the person who was looking for form on a particular horse to bet on that he might just forget all about it when he couldnt find the relevant info.....then that might just affect say sportingbet who might have got his business...

just my two bobs worth
Old 2nd June 2006, 05:34 AM
Suspended.

I don't think it's anything to do with form guides mav. I've mentioned my form service a few times here to those interested without any problems and they don't advertise here.

It might be just something personal regarding THAT site and if that's the case hey, we all have companies we don't like for whatever season, or have had a bad experience with.
I'm glad to see the word '======' has been taken off the baned list though.

[added] Oh dear, no it hasn't [the word being someone who is very good at what they do] :-)

Last edited by crash : 2nd June 2006 at 05:39 AM.
Old 3rd June 2006, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Through our skills we have obtained very high search engine rankings.

We have not obtained these high rankings, involving considerable time and expense, in order for other businesses to freeload off us.

We are not permitting our forum to be used as a free recruiting ground for other internet sites such as member only sites where you have to register as a member to access information. (Note - no registration is required to access 99% of the information on our sites.)

We are not permitting our forum to be used as a free recruiting ground for other internet forums.

We've even seen a post on another forum where some people were thanked for recruiting members from our forum to join their forum!

We are not permitting our forum to be used as a free recruiting ground for other internet sites and internet forums.

We cannot make this any clearer.

Last edited by Management : 3rd June 2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 3rd June 2006, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Management

We've even seen a post on another forum where some people were thanked for recruiting members from our forum to join their forum!

Would you mind telling me which forum that was. The reason i ask is i'm quite happy to return the favour and/or stir the pot over there.