Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th April 2003, 05:53 PM

Does anyone have a dutch betting system they are willing to share/swap?

I have a couple of software packages that work out the amount to bet on each selection but was wondering if anyone had system that could work hand and hand with these.
Old 13th April 2003, 12:47 AM

The main problem you will find , is that your well priced mule , often gets knocked off by the fav .

Try & bet races where the fav is paying $4.00+ , they tend to fall over more.

Try & limit your selections to 3 horses.
If you are going for 4 horses , try & make one of the 2 shorter priced mules as a saver bet to minimise outlay .

Try not to target races which require you to outlay at an odds on situation , E.g. outlay $25.00 to get back $50 =$25.00 prof is good ,but no much shorter than that.

The strongest Dutch betting method I feel, is to bet to get back a pre determined amount E.g. Get back $50.00 divided by the price , but try & keep the outlay around $25.00 & less.
If it looks like you are going to overstep the $25 mark , just increase the 2 shorter priced horses by 1 or 2 points to make it balance ,to approx a 50% outlay to possible return.
I like this approach more than the other 2 types of Dutching because it puts more on the shorter horses & less on the longer priced horse , thus saving unnessary outlay for the sake of a greed thing ,that more longer priced horse will get up than shorter priced horses ,which stats proove they dont.

A progressive staking plan that can work ,is to increase your target by 15% after any loosing bet, until you are in front .E.G. simply multiply your $50 by 1.15=$58 etc.
Then start again, once in front no matter how small a profit ( this is the important bit) otherwise it will kill your bank.

You will need a bank of 100 times your base target E.g. $5000 if initial target is $50

I hope this helps in some way.