Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th August 2003, 07:15 PM
ellinas

what is it with people that post on this forum.i still cannot believe that people think that systems on sale work.
how many people do you have to hear stories of being sold fraudulent systems before you stop knocking your heads against a brick wall and asking the most ridiculous questions as to whether this system or that system works.it all boils down to one problem and its called laziness.
too lazy to work out something or your own.i spent years trying to work out a system on the horses researching thousands of results on the internet stumbling and stumbling but not giving up.that is the key.not buying so called systems that are advertised by charlatans.
the method that i use which is a multiple win bet method is something that took me years to work hitting so many hurdles along the way.i even had the patience to follow it for 6 months without placing one dollar on the selections before i would start.
to all you people on this forum i would tell you now.i would not sell the method that i use for any ammount of money.because it is based partly on longer priced selections it would be foolish for me to sell it as all it would need is for x ammount of people to invest heavily to affect the dividends.
also no ammount of money would pay for the thousands of hours spent trying to work a system out.i am not writing this letter to make a claim that i have some holy grail.there is no such thing.there is no guarantee that my system will continue to work but going on past results and how i have gone since betting it looks favourable.
all i am saying is try and work something out yourself.no one sells a winning system and no one ever will.believe me it is not in their interest to do it.put in the hours and try unique concepts and you will work something out.not by giving your hard earn to some charlatan.
i have had to quit my job to do this as i do not know what selections i will have till approximately 2 minutes till race time.that was the gamble i had to take but it has been worth it.for now.who knows how any method will continue to work.
i hate seeing people losing thousands purchasing so called systems.that is something that happened to me back before i got off my bum and decided to work out something for myself.

Old 20th August 2003, 07:36 PM
puntz

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2003-09-23 22:27 ]
Old 20th August 2003, 08:43 PM

Welcome to the forum ellinas.

Your post has a couple of contradictions.
You say that systems for sale will never work, and yet you have devised a system yourself and been able to quit work to do it full time.
You have been able to spend thousands of hours testing and trialling, and that's to your credit, but there are those punters who don't have that kind of spare time due to family or work committments.
Surely, apart from the "charlatans" there are reputable tipsters who do the hard work for you - such as propun packages etc.

Example: I don't have the time to run thousands of simulations based on AFL past results, and am currently receiving the tip from the Propunter AFL package.
I'm showing a good profit, without their analysis, I wouldn't have a clue.

[ This Message was edited by: Chrome Prince on 2003-08-20 20:47 ]
Old 20th August 2003, 10:53 PM

Chrome Prince, would you like a straw with that. JUST KIDDING. People are curious, that's why they ask questions to the experts on this forum. Wheather it be stupid or not why do we have to pass judgement. I've had the pleasure to meet and share a couple of betting days at the track with "Magic Flute", remember him? This guy is incredible in his approach to life and his drive to positively be constructive. He claimed to have designed a system with little things that he picked up from this forum and the web and that "His" system worked. Well I can tell you that it ************ works! I've seen the system in action and it's awesome. Goes to show that anything is possible.
Old 20th August 2003, 11:14 PM

superfox,
not sucking up to management - just giving credit where it's due.

It was more to explain that sold systems for various forms of betting DO work. Just a matter of assessing the credentials of the seller.

Re: Magic Flute.

Yes he did make his own system, and from what I gather it's still holding up.

Goes to show whether you buy it or make it on your own, there are definitely ways to beat the bookie whether it's horseracing or sportsbetting.
Old 21st August 2003, 12:06 AM

15 years on & mine still works. Why am I up so late....gotta love those UK races...e/w all day (or night)
Old 21st August 2003, 08:40 AM
Suspended.

Everybody uses a System, paid for or otherwise.

Hey Mark! E/W ?

Was wondering if it had merits. I have been trying out a 1 win x 4 place [system?] for the last week with great success [for the last week]. Will it turn out better or worse than a straight win approach in the long run. That's what I'd like to know.
Old 21st August 2003, 08:49 AM

crash,

Mark uses the odds to his advantage, in a method that ensures he wins on the race he bets on. I won't go into it all, but it's about small fields and percentages.

He knows what he is doing and has been doing it for years with success.

Your method will probably drag your profit on turnover down betting eachway versus win only.

But it depends on your long-term strike rate for both win and place and average dividend.

Once you know these figures, I can answer your question.

*RaceCensus now updated to 31/05/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 21st August 2003, 10:40 AM

Crash
I don't like the idea of having a larger amount on the place than the win, because you would be using a tote for the bulk of your place bet. Totes for the place offer by far the worst value there is (opinion). If you bet e/w have more on the shorter prices, because of the longshot bias.
Old 21st August 2003, 10:44 AM
Suspended.

Thanks Chrome Prince,

I recently changed my beting approach from backing two Horses per race to win at level stakes to one Horse to win level stakes, I can only provide figures for the last 112 races before I started [only last Sunday]backing one Horse @ 1 win x 4 place.

Total races 112 Total outlay 1380 units

Total Return 2507.35 units Total wins 26.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.