Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 7th July 2013, 12:23 AM

Talking Horse Trading Yet Again on Betfair

Hello everyone, I'm back again.

With the turnover charge dropped from Victorian racing from July 1, 2013 (but added onto the SA racing) I decided to give it a fair dinkum go today as previously the SA and Tassie meetings weren't really cutting it.

Due to my banning from Betfair during my last outing, as I was costing them money by trading on turnover charge markets but keeping my races under their imposed threshold limit (I was abiding by their rules but they still stopped me from trading), I will only be trading the markets that are not taxed (which basically at the moment is Victoria and Tasmania).

Two meetings were held in Vic today at Flemington and Seymour (none in Tas) and I have to say I had a great day with only one losing race of -0.11 cents.

While I know results like today will be few and far between at least I got off to a good start.

I will only list the profits/losses for this thread starting from zero rather than a bank as I've spent a bit of my previously listed bank. ops: Lets just say the working capital/starting bank today was around $1223.

Session 1 (Sat 06/07/2013): Trading Profit Today +111.41 (16 races traded)

Running Total
$111.41
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  20130706 Betfair.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  26.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  20130706a Betfair.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  22.6 KB  

― Earl Nightingale
Old 7th July 2013, 08:03 AM

Wink

Well done TO. Some will scoff at the seemingly small amounts you win, but they add up.
Old 7th July 2013, 10:09 AM

Morning TO, good to see you are back at your craft and unhindered in yielding a positive return on your efforts.

Are you able to shed some light on the following?

1. What makes this particular angle on punting the best possible match for you, your own personal style and preferences etc ? I ask this because I have observed you searching for a 'grail' of a kind in other aspects, seemingly without much success (although I could be wrong).

2. Is this actually 'punting', or are you demonstrating the skills and attributes required for trading a market.. any market?

3. What can we learn from your successful trading endeavours e.g. find a niche and exploit it, look where few others are looking, target your own personal requirements for making additional disposable income first and then find an opportunity that consistently yields the required results, find a way to way to build an ark of wedge, one plank-profit at a time and sail the family around the world in it for an entire year ???*

Apologies for being so anal with regards my queries and somewhat theatrical with my suggestions here.. your detailed results and ample evidence for a successful strategy make me inquisitive to the bone, and keen to derive what lessons I can in this respect!

Cheers LG

* Beats buying a new lawnmower or lilly white washing machine?

Last edited by Lord Greystoke : 7th July 2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 7th July 2013, 10:56 AM

Great to see you back TO, keep racking up those profits mate
Old 7th July 2013, 12:50 PM

Welcome back The Ocho, great stuff!

*RaceCensus now updated to 30/04/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 7th July 2013, 10:22 PM

Thanks guys. I'm not sure this will be compulsive viewing though going by today's effort with 3 meetings being available to me and with plenty of races where the volume or movement not really developing and then, if any, only with about 40 seconds to go. It's hard to trade in a stagnate market.

I'll try to answer your questions LG but some are a bit hard for me to answer.

1. What makes this particular angle on punting the best possible match for you, your own personal style and preferences etc ? I ask this because I have observed you searching for a 'grail' of a kind in other aspects, seemingly without much success (although I could be wrong).

Totally not sure why I can make money trading. It took a lot of practice and even still sometimes it doesn't pan out on a particular day but I just can't make money actually punting any other way. My automated grail crusade still takes up a lot of my thoughts. Every time I think I've found something the punting gods shoot my bots down including today with my bot suffering heavy losses.

2. Is this actually 'punting', or are you demonstrating the skills and attributes required for trading a market.. any market?

You are right that it is not strictly punting although I reckon the skills developed trading on BF do not translate into any other markets external to BF that I have tried. This includes other BF markets which are just not fast moving enough or UK horse racing which is too fast and which my software refresh rate lags behind usually leaving me exposed.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 7th July 2013, 10:24 PM

3. What can we learn from your successful trading endeavours e.g. find a niche and exploit it, look where few others are looking, target your own personal requirements for making additional disposable income first and then find an opportunity that consistently yields the required results, find a way to way to build an ark of wedge, one plank-profit at a time and sail the family around the world in it for an entire year ???*

There are many different ways to skin a cat is something I suppose people can take out of it. I definitely went into trading as a way to try and make extra money but it can also be like a challenging game.

* Beats buying a new lawnmower or lilly white washing machine?

Thanks for remembering some of the reasons I withdrew some money from my last effort. It would be great to make THAT much money to sail the family around the world but I don;t think that will happen unless the turnover charge is lifted from other states (particularly NSW which has by far the most meetings).

It's funny you should say that (sailing around the world) because my youngest daughter has gone to the UK for about 6 months and, as my other daughter has already moved out, we are missing her like crazy. I think they call it empty nest syndrome or something. It's a strange feeling. Not sure what to do or feel.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 14th July 2013, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
Welcome back The Ocho, great stuff!

This is one of the funniest answers on a thread i have ever seen

Well thought of C.P.

Cheers.
Gary.f.