Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 22nd March 2020, 10:45 AM

Hey Shaun.

I've been over at the betfair VIP slack channel a lot more lately. Lots of good info on there.

I am doing well but revenue is currently down with a number of sports on break.

March total this month is only up 3.2K. Its been as high as 7K but just seems to be meandering around slowly in the upward direction.

If I didn't mention it I am now a platinum Betfair VIP which is the highest level. One of my goals for this year was to hit this level so I am glad I achieved it so early in the year.

My biggest interest is the Betfair streaming API right now. Its a lot harder to use (ie code for) but it has so much more potential. I now get prices streamed to me every time the prices change. I can't store that amount of data so testing is now live but I can now do trading systems as opposed to the systems I currently do. So this opens a whole new world of potential.

I am now reading a lot of the blogs about trading on betfair and what they do. While I have read about trading before I am now being able to apply the concepts and that is when you really learn. So lots for me to learn.

I've already created another 4 systems since yesterday based on the small amount of data to go into paper trading. I am throwing myself into analysis as its a good break for the mind from the constant media onslaught about the virus.

Have you done much with the streaming API?
Old 25th March 2020, 10:28 AM

Sounds like you are keeping busy then, i believe the program i use has made some changes in regards to streaming but i haven't done anything myself, i find it easy to just funnel all my bets through them using excel.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 25th March 2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Sounds like you are keeping busy then, i believe the program i use has made some changes in regards to streaming but i haven't done anything myself, i find it easy to just funnel all my bets through them using excel.

Busy is an understatement. Between punting, working and side businesses its pretty much crazy as usual. Throw the virus on top and the stress can get to you. Just keeping at it one day at a time but I know I am in a better position than a lot of society and I am very grateful and thankful for that. Still I miss my daily coffee from my barista and I feel sorry for him and his family. I would buy 1-2 coffees every day but its all closed now and I make my own coffee at home.

I know people have lost their jobs, been stood down or are fearful their jobs will be gone very soon. My wife doesn't work so I am the only person bringing in an income. The good thing is even if I lost my job I know I have alternative streams of income from betting and side businesses. It would just mean I would have less income... but still an income.

The current low is very sad though and the amount of deaths is something we should all be very upset/angry about. I feel for all of the families who have lost someone.

Give it time, things will get better, the scars will be there for a long time though.

Post moderated. Deemed inappropriate. Moderator

Last edited by Moderator 2 : 25th March 2020 at 06:17 PM.
Old 2nd June 2020, 08:29 PM

Hey UB, how's the betting going?

― Earl Nightingale
Old 3rd June 2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
Hey UB, how's the betting going?

Ocho,

It was going fine till COVID hit. Had a winning month in March, but April and May were down.

Turnover has fallen dramatically and with it the volatility has increased on results.

Down about 30K at the lowest point.

GB and IRE are back for racing, a few more races appearing in the US so it shouldn't be long till things settle down again. I'll see how this month plays out but expect it to start to return to normal. There are a few sports going again (football, some tennis, NRL, etc) so I expect the turnover to start increasing again and the volatility to drop.

Hows your betting going ?
Old 3rd June 2020, 09:09 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
Ocho,

It was going fine till COVID hit. Had a winning month in March, but April and May were down.

Turnover has fallen dramatically and with it the volatility has increased on results.

Down about 30K at the lowest point.

GB and IRE are back for racing, a few more races appearing in the US so it shouldn't be long till things settle down again. I'll see how this month plays out but expect it to start to return to normal. There are a few sports going again (football, some tennis, NRL, etc) so I expect the turnover to start increasing again and the volatility to drop.

Hows your betting going ?

LOL, terrible. I don't bet as I can never pick a winner and when I lay 'em, they win. I'm still looking for that perfect set and forget bot system that I still haven't found and doubt I ever will. But I keep coming back here to see what everyone is up to.

Glad to see things picking up for you and can't wait for your updates.

― Earl Nightingale