Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th February 2004, 04:09 PM

I know it's 5 weeks away,but I'd like to get some early thoughts if anyone is interested.I realise that Alinghi is something special,but I'm not prepared to award her the race,as most seem to be doing.She is at ridiculous odds,Michael Eskander just offered me 2.70,and if she wins the Riesling Slipper Trial beforehand she will probably start the shortest price Slipper fav. in history!Odds on would not surprise me.What if she can't handle the Sydney way of going?Maybe she won't be the same horse when she has to lead on the other leg?Maybe the track will be heavy and she won't handle it?I just don't think she can come from that far back at Rosehill and win.She was a long way back in the Diamond,but once Ollie got her into the clear she had a hassle free crack at them.I think the traffick in the Slipper will beat her if she is that far off them on the turn.I think it will come down to the barrier draw.If Wager can draw a decent alley(which she didn't in the Diamond)and get a soft lead and run the same sectionals that she did last start she will be very hard to beat.I took 12/1 and backed her eachway in the Diamond & the Slipper.She is now at 8/1.I also backed Dance Hero at 8/1 eachway.If it runs up to it's MM time it's gotta be a chance.
Any thoughts???
Old 26th February 2004, 04:30 PM
Banned

I will predict now that she has no hope in the slipper , if you watch the blue diamond over again you will see that there was a bit of interference , she still has a lot to learn, she can't do that in a slipper and win, plus i think that was one of the most ********week diamonds i have ever seen.
[ HOW MANY OF HER OPPOSITION WILL BE THERE?]
Incidently i backed her on saturday, and she is pretty good , she'll be a standout in the spring WATCH OUT.
Old 26th February 2004, 04:30 PM
Banned

I will predict now that she has no hope in the slipper , if you watch the blue diamond over again you will see that there was a bit of interference , she still has a lot to learn, she can't do that in a slipper and win, plus i think that was one of the most ********week diamonds i have ever seen.
[ HOW MANY OF HER OPPOSITION WILL BE THERE?]
Incidently i backed her on saturday, and she is pretty good , she'll be a standout in the spring WATCH OUT.
Old 26th February 2004, 05:45 PM

Pretty tough to say. Alingi is dominant in melbourne.

Crimson rain and Charge Forward both have big wraps on them and Not a single doubt and Dance hero are definite chances though MM horses dont have a fantastic record of winning both races. Also Oratario could be a smokey. I'll be looking for something to slot in on the pace perhaps charge forward. As for getting back belle du jour came from last so it's not impossible but it is a slight disadvantage.
Old 26th February 2004, 07:56 PM
Suspended.

If Alingi gets back like he did in the Diamond, he is dead meat in the Slipper.

He is going to have more runners to contend with and a few very quick horses. He would never have got that run in a Slipper.

...And can he race as well in the other direction ?

Oratario for me.

Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: crash on 2004-02-26 19:59 ]
Old 26th February 2004, 08:09 PM

i'm not really a fan of betting on 2 year old races because things can improve and lose form so quickly. i'd like to see horses like charge forward and dance hero, not a single doubt return to racing before i'd make a call on it but going on form at the moment my top four are

Not a Single Doubt
Charge Forward
Dance Hero
Alinghi(depending on "HER" first run in sydney)

Old 26th February 2004, 08:10 PM

Quote:
On 2004-02-26 19:56, crash wrote:

If Alingi gets back like he did in the Diamond, he is dead meat in the Slipper.

He is going to have more runners to contend with and a few very quick horses. He would never have got that run in a Slipper.

...And can he race as well in the other direction ?

Oratario for me.

Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: crash on 2004-02-26 19:59 ]

Don't you mean she(alingi) crash :wink:
Old 26th February 2004, 08:21 PM
Suspended.

Sorry Umrum, I call every horse a 'he' nowadays.

Wouldn't be politically correct to admit we back women that are whipped !!!

Cheers.

Old 26th February 2004, 08:49 PM

Not sure about Oratorio..was not convinced about last run in MM..Alinghi got a good break to give him that incredible win...Wager for me if given the start is good..they are going to have to run record times...
Old 27th February 2004, 09:28 AM
Suspended.

Being a Slipper, I'm not sure about any of them !!!!