Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Archive > AFL Australian Rules Football Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th April 2005, 03:55 PM

Thumbs down Are Brisbane finished?

I posted before the season started that I thought Brisbane were gone and I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the eight. I recall getting effectively told that I had no idea. Tell you this for nothing. After round five Brisbane don't look too flash now, sitting on the bottom - 16th. - with four losses in a row, including the last two being beltings.
Old 26th April 2005, 04:06 PM

I said much the same thing and was also similarly criticised Marko. Don't worry about it.
Old 26th April 2005, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I posted before the season started that I thought Brisbane were gone and I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the eight. I recall getting effectively told that I had no idea. Tell you this for nothing. After round five Brisbane don't look too flash now, sitting on the bottom - 16th. - with four losses in a row, including the last two being beltings.

Yes they are finished. I just got $100 out of them at $14 on BF. If they're name wasn't BRISBANE LIONS, they would be $100 and unlayable. I went to the game at the Gabba as I have done every match and there was a lot of bickering between Lions players - not a good sign. To make the Final 8, they probably have to win 12 out of 17. A very tough ask with two trips to Perth along the way.
Old 26th April 2005, 06:45 PM

Don't think they can win, but they may still sneak into the top 8.

When I worked out my pre-season predictions, I had Brisbane winning only 1 of their first 5 games but eventually climbing to about 5th or 6th spot. Well, they HAVE won only 1 of their first 5 games, but I must say that their form is even worse than I had thought it would be, so 7th or 8th might be the best they can hope for.

While Brisbane's poor position is no great surprise to me, I can't say the same for Port. What's going on there? I must admit I thought they would have no more than 1 loss at this stage of the season.
Old 26th April 2005, 07:14 PM
Former Member

Port are about to come good. It's a great time to back them to win the flag.
I thought Brissie were slow even in the Saints win, but I hadn't written them off untill the weekend. I dont think they can win it now.
Old 26th April 2005, 07:23 PM

I dont think they are finished. They may not win the GF but they will make the 8. The only bad game they really have had was against Hawthorn.

West Coast and sydney always play well against brisbane no matter where it is.

Dont forget west coast also beat them in 2003 by 70 or so points at the gabba.

They arent playing as a team but im sure that will change over the next couple of weeks and they will back to some type of form.

From memory i dont think brisbane has beaten west coast for 3-4years so it was no major shock they got thumped by them again.
Old 26th April 2005, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingnovice
I dont think they are finished. They may not win the GF but they will make the 8. The only bad game they really have had was against Hawthorn.

West Coast and sydney always play well against brisbane no matter where it is.

Dont forget west coast also beat them in 2003 by 70 or so points at the gabba.

They arent playing as a team but im sure that will change over the next couple of weeks and they will back to some type of form.

From memory i dont think brisbane has beaten west coast for 3-4years so it was no major shock they got thumped by them again.

Yes, but it was the way they got beaten. Hands on hips, arguing with each other and generally not having a red hot go. I believe there are internal cracks appearing. They have been there for a couple of years but largely swept under the carpet when the team was winning consistently.
Old 27th April 2005, 06:51 AM
Banned

I dont think the great man,Leigh Matthews is gonna let them just fade away,the bookies dont think so either or theyd have essendon favourites this week.
Jonathon brown will make a difference up front
They have essendon then Dogs(home),crows(away),richmond and kangas at home.
I think theyll beat essendon,dogs,richmond ,kangas,and carlton so will be on 24 points after round 12.
cheers
P.S. Could be tough to make eight need about 44-48 points though.
P.P.s Port are expected to show something every week ,but dont think they will.
Old 27th April 2005, 10:27 AM
Former Member

Cant agree there with you Rabbitz. I actually thought the geelong/ Port game was a high intensity skilled game.
Brisbane are the ones who simply arent giving a yelp at the minute.
Mind you we are just as likely to play them into form this week
Old 27th April 2005, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitz
I dont think the great man,Leigh Matthews is gonna let them just fade away,the bookies dont think so either or theyd have essendon favourites this week.
Jonathon brown will make a difference up front
They have essendon then Dogs(home),crows(away),richmond and kangas at home.
I think theyll beat essendon,dogs,richmond ,kangas,and carlton so will be on 24 points after round 12.
cheers
P.S. Could be tough to make eight need about 44-48 points though.
P.P.s Port are expected to show something every week ,but dont think they will.

Essendon were four goals up against Geelong the other week half way in the third quarter. If they play like that again how far behind will Brisbane be? Brisbane's confidence is shot to pieces. Essendon owe Brisbane. The way Brisbane are travelling they could easily lose their next three games. The Bulldogs could run them off their legs and Adelaide are big improvers this year. The older Brisbane players are slower and cannot dominate a game like they used to. The desire may even have left some. Most of the younger brigade are not up to scratch. The loss of players like Lynch is already well documented. The loss to other clubs of players like Pratt and Shattock has also hurt them. Then throw in that young gun - forgot his name - who is injured for the season. He was one of Brisbane's highest winners of hard ball gets last year. The new centre square also badly affects Brisbane - much harder to run in and bash the ball forward.
Brisbane are finished.